Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
'21 Ridgeline Black Edition
6 Posts
I see from the NHTSA complaint database that someone from Rochester MN filed a complaint. I am in Rochester and have been trying to work with Tom Kadlec Honda. Normally I have had great luck with them but I got a little pushback when I tried to tell them that Honda needs to be directly involved. It might help if there are two of us with the same issue at the same dealer!
Steve - Here it is 2 days after your post, and the same happened to me today (3/12/22) driving back to Rochester from Minneapolis. I am contacting Tom Kadlec Honda as well. I have a 2021 Ridgeline with only 8500 miles. Pulled off the highway onto a frontage road - flashing CEL came on and I limped to the nearest parking lot. Turned off the engine - waited a minute -restarted and it ran fine the rest of the way home.
Seems like this is a software related issue that needs immediate attention.
So glad to see you in my neck of the woods.
Rich

· Registered
6 Posts
Did they get to your truck today? Interested in what they told you.
Just picked up my truck before the service dept closed. I heard the same as Steve. Checked valve clearances and adjusted. Admitted that none seemed too far out of tolerances to cause anything, but that Honda suggested the procedure as a first step. No codes had been logged so they didn't have anything to reference for repair.

The actually liked the tech I worked with - he acknowledged that there were two trucks with the same issue, said Honda was aware of the issue, but they didn't know what was causing it at this time. He was apologetic and seemed just as perplexed as I was.

I also received a survey to fill out and email back to Honda. Seems like they are grasping at straws right now, but they understand it is an issue.

· Registered
6 Posts
They did acknowledge rijopp’s truck was there when I went to pick it up. They also gave me a questionnaire that was very indicative that they are aware of the issue.
No mention of Cleggy and the valve clearances were all in-spec.
Sent me home with the same survey, just a slightly different ref number.

· Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the update MN_Steve - I keep wondering if the same issue will pop up again after some highway driving, but nothing in the past few weeks. I think that we will have to wait until next winter to get our trucks to react again, and by that time they will have completely forgotten that it was a problem.

I switched from a Tacoma to the Ridgeline and the comfort is remarkably better in the Ridgeline, along with better towing capacity and a wider bed. The only things I liked better about the Tacoma was that it had a 6 speed and that I never had any sort of engine issue in 5 years of owning it. That Tacoma engine is pretty bulletproof. I want to love my Ridgeline like I originally loved my Tacoma, but the ongoing check engine light issue and a few ticky-tack things (like the bad infotainment system) make me nervous of more issues down the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts