Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have this warning yet?
Filled my tank about a week ago, just showed up today.
I checked the gas cap,
clicked it at least 3 clicks, like the manual says.
Warning still there. :confused:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Northwood said:
Anybody have this warning yet?
Filled my tank about a week ago, just showed up today.
I checked the gas cap,
clicked it at least 3 clicks, like the manual says.
Warning still there. :confused:
Northwood, I am the one that had the problem. The manual reset would clear the msg till the RL was started again. I had to go to the dealer and get a computer reset. See the thread --- check fuel cap message --- find by using Search.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had this problem. took to dealer multiple times, new gas cap, smoke tests, eventually Pacific Honda kept for a month and pulled the bed and shell. 2 bolts missing fill pipe mount. ! month later light back on. Went to EBAY bought a Auto XRAY Code Scout $60. Now I plug it in and go to evaporative systems and clear code. Dealer told me that Ridgeline is par tsensiitve and takes the longest to reset. Now hardly ever happens and when does I fix in 2 minutes.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Wow you brought this thread back from the dead the last post was 5/2/2005.:eek:;)

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
And amazingly, I got my first incident of this three days ago. Always click the cap more than three clicks, usually 5 to 6. So I unscrewed the cap and immediately re-inserted it and made several clicks. Still had message. At next stop, I unscrewed cap, but waited 10 seconds before reinserting it. Message disappeared, and haven't seen it since.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Local dealership told me it will take hours some times to build up the pressure needed to reset the message, but I'm sure this was discussed in other threads. ;)
when this happen to me. The service rep said check it later in day. I was at work and checked it 6 or 7 hours later and it was gone after making sure cap was on tight.:cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts