Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Just wanted to say that this is extremely valuable. Thank you very much for doing this. I've been assembling my own check list, but I'll add this to it.

I'm looking to buy a Ridgeline within the next 30-60 days.

Please maintain this document!

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Issues Reported by Owners
(most of these issues are resolved by now but good to check none the less)

1. Wind noise - starts at 40mph coming from the windshield. Most likely upper molding. Any RL with a VIN # ending with 16000 or higher should have this fixed.

2. Steering Wheel creaky - apply forward pressure to the wheel and make sure it doesn't creak.

3. Key remotes - test each of the two keys to make sure both are programmed. Test the lock/unlock buttons. You should also get a 3rd valet key.

4. Kinked windshield washer hose - check to make sure they squirt.

5. Water leaking into interior, passenger seat or rear seats, check under seat and floor mats, drive in puddles if possible.
The only thing I would change on the list would be..
#1 Wind noise - doesn't hurt to listen for it in a test drive..

#5 I would add... 2006 model some, vary rare in 2007 model complaints

The list otherwise seems to be a very thorough list covering it all.

:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ridgeline Owners Group Checklist:

Click "search" and see if you can type in the search box which is unviewable behind the annoying flashing pop-up ad which will not close.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Looks like vertrkr is an infrequent visitor. You'll just have to print it off the first post.

·
Premium Member
11,421 Posts
I worked off the list.. it's a good one. I did notice the headliner was drooping a bit in back of the cab, and I gave it a couple of hits with the back of my fist and it seemed to pop in place.
Also, the rear window on the driver's side, has a defect in the glass itself. It is a small circle. I suspect the back windows are laminated, not sure about the sliding center one. I'll just make note of it for now. Not bad for a new car so far.
I hope to do the flood test to see if any leaks inside, in the future.
Right now too busy enjoying it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Check List - bring with you when buying

It's for precaution only, or the ones on your list are known problems?
The items listed in the Known/Previous Issues section are actual problems owners have reported here that happened on their truck.

PS. I've now changed the section title to "Issues Reported by Owners'

·
Registered
1 Posts
I Just want to say THANK YOU for the list. I am taking an 06 RTL into Honda service tomorrow so they can give it the thrice over for 100 bucks. Looking to buy from a used car lot (oh the leap of faith).

They are asking 17K for an '06, RTL, 58,500 miles - It has a factory tonneau cover, which I will appreciate when it snows for band gear ( I know its not waterproof - but it'll help). The interior is immaculate and the outside pretty damn close to perfect. I think the previous owner never took it offroad as it has 20" low profile tires. (the rims I am gonna have to change, not my style)

I did an extended test drive for 90 miles last week and had no issues I could find, but what do I know?

After looking around the price just seems too good to pass on, besides the fact I want one. As long as the Honda dealer says nothing major is needed, sounds as if I am getting a fairly good deal, maybe theres the apprehension. Either way.

Thanks for taking the time to compile this list - Very Helpful

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just saw an '07 with 49k with a big "only $24,799" sign on it at the local Audi lot yesterday so I think you have a good deal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just found a '06 model today for sale, checked autotrader site for cheaper model for about 15K, but over 200 miles away. had the little consumerreports 2011 book, it mentioned the 3 different models with cost, guessing price will sale for about 18K used, but with 53K miles. I did not find out the price of it, but will check online when ridgeline is listed with a price. guessing from here and honda site, it was the top of the line model excluding the NAV system, it had everything else.. compared to other vehicles on the lot, the ridgeline should be the most expensive,rest belonged on a buy here pay here lot, not worth my time. I am a few months from making a purchase, as I would rather be able to pay down 75% than 50% of the cost. I do own a honda car, but the issues are why I have been looking for a new car. the check list here is really nice, and guessing what to take, I would add MP3/WMA disk to list, some did come standard with the player recently, but not showing on the '06 model audio. set to print out when time comes to have checked. oh, even the dealer did not know what the model was either. local honda dealer had no ridgelines in stock at time, may check back later on toward spring.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Items Delivered with Truck: I would add - If front license plate holder is attached then there should be two plastic clips/buttons (the same color as the bumper) in the glove compartment. If you remove the front license plate holder these clips snap into the mounting holes to make a flush fit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
tried new trick searching for a ridgeline on autotrader.com, set 200 miles away still, set price for at least 15000 to 35000 and did search, 54 for sale in my local area and not wreaks. I might just found one near new within a better price range and even listed a carfax about the truck. also found a used one with 42000 for $2000 more with leather seats, not what I want, but a new one would just be a few thousand more.

61 - 80 of 108 Posts