Registered
6,394 Posts
The top five things I check for:

1). Comprehensive Maintenance History
2). Comprehensive Maintenance History
3). Comprehensive Maintenance History
4). Comprehensive Maintenance History
5). Comprehensive Maintenance History

If a vehicle does not have a comprehensive maintenance history...move on...especially if you are the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th owner. Seriously, I don't care how a vehicle looks, and what the current owner knows about it, if it does not have a good maintenance history, you just don't know what you are getting.

I violated this rule here about 10 months ago on a used vehicle for my son...and it is costing me about $3,000 for a new/rebuilt motor and installation costs.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
The top five things I check for:

1). Comprehensive Maintenance History
2). Comprehensive Maintenance History
3). Comprehensive Maintenance History
4). Comprehensive Maintenance History
5). Comprehensive Maintenance History

If a vehicle does not have a comprehensive maintenance history...move on...especially if you are the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th owner. Seriously, I don't care how a vehicle looks, and what the current owner knows about it, if it does not have a good maintenance history, you just don't know what you are getting.

I violated this rule here about 10 months ago on a used vehicle for my son...and it is costing me about $3,000 for a new/rebuilt motor and installation costs.
I second that, especially when applied to non-Honda/Toyota products (can you say Jeep????) :act024:

·
Registered
1 Posts
My fault for waiting until the 11th hour, and I'm digging around here for an answer, but is there still someone active who can hook up a warranty for a good price? I'm looking at a 2012 RTL and 2014 Sport, and it would be nice to have the extra coverage. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,135 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
In the event that the battery is replaced, do 1G non-Navi RL's have radio codes?
If they do, I will make sure it's on my pre-purchase checklist.
Thanks
2d1c

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,267 Posts
Yes, they do.

Reactions: 2dogs1cat

·
Registered
72 Posts
Is there a checklist of items for the 2020 model year? I'm picking up an RTL-E this evening.

101 - 108 of 108 Posts