Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's only asking 13,500 and says it is in excellent condition. This is a 77 year old snow bird and this was the truck at their florida house for it's whole life while he lives in NY. He is the original owner.

Here are the only 3 pics he posted online.

What specifically should I check for tomorrow? Is this price too good to be true? I'm pretty excited about it. I currently drive a 2003 v6 tundra that is falling apart. The reason I have been looking at ridgelines is because it seems like no one messes with them. Rarely do I see an ad for a pickup that doesn't isn't molested with "____ exhaust, ____ chip, ____ lift" etc.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
start with evidence of full maintenance history.

oil change should have been done AT LEAST ONCE every 12 months despite mileage.

how about brake fluid changes

next transmission, power steering, VTM4, differential

radiator fittings rusting internally, not visible on outside

any evidence of wet spots under car

get an OBD2 reader and check codes

·
Registered
2013 Honda Ridgeline
783 Posts
I would buy that truck, so hard. Then if you want it to look modern throw on a Sport model front clip, wheels, taillights, and BAM! You have my truck LOL.

Seriously though I would scoop that baby up before someone else does. Good luck, and post back what happens.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Yep go get it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Being in Florida, I would check for rust. I don't think the RL has had many problems with it, but that's just me being cautious. And yes, while maintenance records are important one good thing about most Ridges is that even if they aren't well maintained they are still pretty bulletproof.

At that price for that low mileage you could change out the fluids and perform the maintenance yourself or have someone do it. You'd still walk away with one hell of a bargain.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Two things I'd check: the carpet is dry under the floor mats and that the transmission lines at the radiator fittings don't look too corroded. Other than that the usual fluid maintenance stuff: Brake, radiator, oil, power steering, Trans, differential, and rear transaxle fluid - how often and when was last changed? Check tires for cracking / dry rot on sides. I'm sure there is other stuff like brake pads etc. But that's maintenance stuff......

The truck sound like a good deal.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have an 06 I bought new. By far best vehicle I have ever owned period!!! Other than normal maintance haven't spent $500 out of pocket. 176,000 and counting. You will love it.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Validate mileage... then grab it & run! Great Find! :act024::act035:
Checked Edmunds, $13,000 if it is clean and mileage as stated, if mileage is correct along with a clean CarFax I say go for it.

·
Administrator
16,062 Posts
The seats sure look shiny and wrinkled for only 38K miles, but I have to accept not everyone maintains a vehicle like I do. ;) Does it smell okay? It looks like the owner may have hauled a dog judging by the "divider" between the front seats and the slobber on the right, rear window. :) I see a ball in the hitch receiver - did the owner tow within the limits and accelerate maintenance accordingly?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The KBB and NADA for it were both over 17,000 for this zip code. Doesn't matter though, it was sold by the time I drove town there today.

However, I drove up to tampa this afternoon to see a green RTL with 80k miles. Agreed on 13,100, and I left him a small deposit to make sure he doesn't sell it tomorrow before I get up to him again. I like the color better, and it is still 1400 under KBB and nada. I should own it tomorrow.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did you end up getting the RTL? I am shopping around currently myself and am debating many issues like: mileage, trim, year, etc...from the first one you tried to see and the RTL you mention, you seem as open as me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would buy that truck, so hard. Then if you want it to look modern throw on a Sport model front clip, wheels, taillights, and BAM! You have my truck LOL.

Seriously though I would scoop that baby up before someone else does. Good luck, and post back what happens.
Sport model front clip? What is that exactly?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts