Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night in the hardware store parking lot a scruffy looking guy gets out of a REAL old and beat up Dodge Powerwagon pick-up with a beer can and a cigarette and suspiciously looks at my Ridgeline while I'm putting some stuff in the trunk.

"Not bad for a chick truck" he says in a not unfriendly way.

I was speechless. Dumb struck. Any ideas for a comeback for next time?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
"Yeh! Borrowed it from my blonde 19 year old, 36-22-34 bunny for the day!!"
or "beats a scumbag truck like yours!" :D

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Steve,

That is called 'Playa Haten' (player hater). The guy was jealous of your truck because yours looks great and is a potential chick magnet! While his looks like crap! So here's your comeback....'DON'T HATE THE PLAYA, HATE THE GAME!' :cool:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey, wait just a minute :eek: This is just a ploy, you billet silver guys are trying to steal the chick magnet title from us steel blues :D

L

·
0 Posts
oridgenL said:
Hey, wait just a minute :eek: This is just a ploy, you billet silver guys are trying to steal the chick magnet title from us steel blues :D
Oh GEEZ. Not you too!!!! :rolleyes:

L

·
0 Posts
jeffiam said:
steve, simply smile and say something like, "man, if only you knew brother, if only you knew." :rolleyes:
I'm with jeff Steve. This is perfect.

·
Registered
302 Posts
steveberger said:
"Not bad for a chick truck" he says in a not unfriendly way...
Steve you said he was not unfriendly. Next time, be friendly in return i.e. laugh and say "Thanks, we just love this truck, I mean, look at the tailgate [demonstrate]. And can you believe this trunk!!? [show him] And the back seats flip up!!! [if he's still interested]". These things are likely to impress if not amaze him. And if he isn't interested, just "to each his own!" and smile at him.

Show some confidence next time!!! :)

·
Registered
362 Posts
I think I would have told the guy " It may not look it, but this truck has bigger Balls than you do !! " then smile and look innocent. :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Hey Vertrkr,

Don't even go there with that swings both ways okay! Only the truck does! ;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
I would have responded (using a pathetic southern draw)

Yeah, I was looking for a manly truck that didn't ride well, wasn't functional, broke down a lot, looked horrible, didn't have navigation, couldn't fit my family, didn't have a lockable trunk etc. but the dang Honda dealer wouldn't ruin this one for me. To top it off, my southern flag keeps coming off the electric rear window when I slide it open. The only problem I hear the manly truck buyers are having is the wind whistling when blows past their girlfriends last tooth. Man oh man, can you believe those guys at Honda? GM, Ford, and Dodge ruin all their trucks right from the factory for us men! Maybe, someday those Honda guys will catch on. Don't know how I got stuck with this chick truck. I guess I will try to make myself feel a little better by using the voice commands and XM up to some redneck manly music." By the way, when this Honda breaks down in 300,000 miles or so or when I lose my job, I will have to get me a manly truck of my own. I just hope the dogs will jump in when I can only let the tailgate flip down and not swing open like they like it now.

L

·
0 Posts
NJRidge said:
I would have responded (using a pathetic southern draw)

Yeah, I was looking for a manly truck that didn't ride well, wasn't functional, broke down a lot, looked horrible, didn't have navigation, couldn't fit my family, didn't have a lockable trunk etc. but the dang Honda dealer wouldn't ruin this one for me. To top it off, my southern flag keeps coming off the electric rear window when I slide it open. The only problem I hear the manly truck buyers are having is the wind whistling when blows past their girlfriends last tooth. Man oh man, can you believe those guys at Honda? GM, Ford, and Dodge ruin all their trucks right from the factory for us men! Maybe, someday those Honda guys will catch on. Don't know how I got stuck with this chick truck. I guess I will try to make myself feel a little better by using the voice commands and XM up to some redneck manly music." By the way, when this Honda breaks down in 300,000 miles or so or when I lose my job, I will have to get me a manly truck of my own. I just hope the dogs will jump in when I can only let the tailgate flip down and not swing open like they like it now.
LOL.....LOL...... :eek:

·
Registered
430 Posts
I haven't had this happen to me yet, but I would probably not dignify him with a reply. If I did reply, it would be something like, "Maybe you should educate yourself about this truck first. The big three are likely to copy many features found on this truck. This will be the 2006 Truck of the Year." :p

I actually made the Truck of the Year claim to some co-workers of mine months ago. :D

I will tell you a little story about a die hard Ford F-250+ Crew Cab co-worker of mine. We would go back and forth about the "little truck" I had and if I ever needed a tow we could put it in the bed of his truck. Anyways, after he has ridden in it a couple of times, he has come full circle and really likes the ride, the comfort, the features, etc. He would never get one because he needs a full size diesel, but after he has heard about my weekend adventures and what it can do (scratches in the bed) he completely understands why I got this truck. His son actually has been drooling over mine for weeks. He wishes he could get my "luxury" with his super duty requirements.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I agree.

I wonder why so many of you Ridgeline owners are so insecure about your trucks/buying decisions???!!!!???

·
Registered
183 Posts
How about

" Your dented and rusted out Power Wagon looks in better shape then your liver and the few brown stained teeth that you have left"

Dodge This! :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts