Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Boogity said:
Hi, Will try to post a couple pics of the 3M film on my Ridgeline . The film would not stretch would not bend enough to cover the front fender so we made a patch for it.
I will slao try to get a good shot of the merror.
It does look good. Photographs came out perfectly. Ok, Where did you buy them, How was it applied (sticky backing?). What form does it come (2x4 sheets?). Will it come off easily?:D

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Is this the stuff that was discussed on another thread that came from Ebay for about $30 per kit? If it is, I'm in. It looks great!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry to mislead you , I did not install the stuff, it was professionally installed my input was nothin more than some jaw flappin and a couple beers. I just wanted to show how it could be installed and still look OK. The headlights are also done as well as its wrapped around the outside of the headlight trim , it doesn't really show up in the photos. The film is 3M heavy duty ,its thicker than the cheap stuff and very flexible.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I like it and all. And I see its purpose. I just think for myself, I would want the whole truck wrapped up. :eek: Then it would be like my grandmothers couch that had the clear hard plastic cover on it all the time.:p

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
This stuff won't turn yellow or fade in the sun will it?

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
I'm considering it for the rear bumper since, so far, it's the only part of the truck that's getting buggered up (during loading and unloading). At this point, I'll need to have the bumper repainted before applying the film. :(

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
5S Dude said:
This stuff won't turn yellow or fade in the sun will it?
I've heard nothing but good things about this film.

From the manufacturer's FAQ:

Q. Does Scotchgard™ Paint Protection Film resist yellowing?

A. Yes, it resists yellowing because the film is constructed of thermoplastic urethane, a tough, conformable material that is covered by a clear coat layer. The film and clear coat layers contain UV protectants to counteract harmful ultraviolet rays that can cause yellowing.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
ridged said:
I've heard nothing but good things about this film.

From the manufacturer's FAQ:

Q. Does Scotchgard™ Paint Protection Film resist yellowing?

A. Yes, it resists yellowing because the film is constructed of thermoplastic urethane, a tough, conformable material that is covered by a clear coat layer. The film and clear coat layers contain UV protectants to counteract harmful ultraviolet rays that can cause yellowing.
Great find ridged, Thank you. It sounds worth looking into.:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just got my Nimbus Grey RTL back from the shop and I thought I'd post some pics of the 3M Clear Bra installation I had done. I was surprised at how it blends in if you are 5 feet back. It really is hard to see if you aren’t looking closely. The guy said it was a 5 star rating for difficulty on a scale of 5. He had my truck for 2 days because part of the film on the hood was reluctant to stay down (guess the curves make it difficult). I also had the front windows tinted with 20% 3M film to match the rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yeah, this stuff is great. A friend had it installed on a tricked out Black Odyssey. Hard to see, even up close and was water clear.

-Matt

1 - 14 of 14 Posts