1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
20 Posts
We received a bulletin a few days ago from corporate, that we can expect chip shortages to affect the following vehicles so far; Accord, Civic, Odyssey, and Insight. No mention of Ridgeline as of yet.

·
Super Moderator
6,089 Posts
Reactions: GreginJaxFL

·
Registered
16 Posts
I went to a Honda dealership in Houston today (Gilman Honda 59/beltway 8). I talked to them about car shortages and the manager said he is not getting many vehicles because of a chip shortage. He said he ordered an obsidian blue RTL-E 3 months ago and still hasn't received one.

·
Administrator
18,549 Posts
I went to a Honda dealership in Houston today (Gilman Honda 59/beltway 8). I talked to them about car shortages and the manager said he is not getting many vehicles because of a chip shortage. He said he ordered an obsidian blue RTL-E 3 months ago and still hasn't received one.
Honda dealers can't order specific trim and color combinations - they can only submit requests. Honda decides who gets what and they don't built-to-order like most automakers do. :)

·
Administrator
18,549 Posts
I drove by my local Honda dealer this morning and was absolutely shocked to see nearly half the new and use lots were empty. No wonder Carvana is offering so much for my two Mazdas and why I can't find a pewter RTL-E anywhere.

·
Registered
2019 Sport Lunar Silver
262 Posts
I drove by my local Honda dealer this morning and was absolutely shocked to see nearly half the new and use lots were empty. No wonder Carvana is offering so much for my two Mazdas and why I can't find a pewter RTL-E anywhere.
Say it isn't so !
You're shopping for a HONDA ??

·
Administrator
18,549 Posts
Have you been asleep at the wheel? ;)

Honda paid up, but supply is tight. That may be a blessing, though, as I'm getting closer each day to returning the money and telling Honda "thanks, but no thanks".

·
Premium Member
2018 RTL-T
385 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you wanna drive about 4.5 hours they have one on the lot in Shreveport.
Ridgeline RTL-E Utlity PKG Truck Crew Cab
  • 18/24 mpg City/Hwy
  • 3.5L V-6 cyl Engine
  • Automatic
  • AWD
  • Stock #: 23480
MSRP$43,990

·
Administrator
18,549 Posts
A chip manufacturer in Japan that supplies nearly a third of the automotive semiconductor industry caught fire this weekend.

·
Premium Member
2019 RTL awd, MSM
4,908 Posts
A chip manufacturer in Japan that supplies nearly a third of the automotive semiconductor industry caught fire this weekend.

That's not good news for those who want to buy in the next couple months.

@zroger73, I hope your 3rd G2 is a keeper. It's hard to imagine that you'd get three bad ones in a row. If you don't buy soon, you may have to wait a few months for the next good deal.

·
Administrator
18,549 Posts
I, too, hope the number of warranty repairs is minimal. I'd like to keep this one longer than my usual year until the G3 comes out in a couple of years.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts