Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I inadvertantly set off the security system three (not one, not two, but three) times this evening. I bet the neighborhood association is meeting right now to run me out of town. I unlocked the car then went about my business. After a few minutes, I opened the door and all hell broke loose.

I just couldn't figure it out. What the hell good is a car that you can't get into???? I read and re-read the manual and still set the alarm off another time.

I could not understand Honda's reasoning in setting the alarm system up this way. That is, it automatically rearms itself if unlock button is pressed on the key when a door is not subsequently opened. After thinking about it, it made sense: A person accidently hits their open button. Another Honda owner has a key with the same code. Or, owner gets distracted and forgets to relock car.

I've got it now, but it was pretty exciting around here for about twenty minutes this evening. Not sure I'm smart enough to operate this thing.

Dave :p :p :p

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Desert Ridge said:
I inadvertantly set off the security system three (not one, not two, but three) times this evening. I bet the neighborhood association is meeting right now to run me out of town. I unlocked the car then went about my business. After a few minutes, I opened the door and all hell broke loose.

I just couldn't figure it out. What the hell good is a car that you can't get into???? I read and re-read the manual and still set the alarm off another time.

I could not understand Honda's reasoning in setting the alarm system up this way. That is, it automatically rearms itself if unlock button is pressed on the key when a door is not subsequently opened. After thinking about it, it made sense: A person accidently hits their open button. Another Honda owner has a key with the same code. Or, owner gets distracted and forgets to relock car.

I've got it now, but it was pretty exciting around here for about twenty minutes this evening. Not sure I'm smart enough to operate this thing.

Dave :p :p :p
Something wrong with this picture? It is only suppose to re-lock the doors if you don't open any doors, not set off the alarm. :cool:

·
Registered
121 Posts
I agree, it does sound like something was wrong. I've never set off the alarm and I didn't do anything to configure it.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Desert Ridge said:
After a few minutes, I opened the door and all hell broke loose
The alarm wouldn't have gone off if he hadn't opened the door, it would have just been in alarm mode.

I've done this too. I learned my lesson and will not reach in the window to flip the lock ever again. It's surprising to me that the truck will lock itself up. It's a good and bad feature. It's making hubby more conscious of having his keys with him so the truck doesn't accidently lock him out (history of doing that without the auto lock feature). This auto lock feature also deploys with what I call magic windows. When we roll the windows down with the key fob, the doors lock. That seems kind of silly, since the windows are open, but I guess it could deter someone from hopping into the truck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts