Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow is supposed to be delivery day for our Ridgeline. No call came today to let us know it was in or arriving tomorrow. I drove by the dealer this evening and did not see it on the lot. I'm hopeful, but skeptical that we will get it tomorrow. I'd sure love to be driving it this weekend!!

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
My fingers are crossed for you.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Zero

·
Registered
200 Posts
Truckin,

If it helps, mine came in unordered, but unexpected by the dealer, arrived at 8:30, I was called and there by 10:00, drove it it out at 3:30pm

Truckin' said:
Tomorrow is supposed to be delivery day for our Ridgeline. No call came today to let us know it was in or arriving tomorrow. I drove by the dealer this evening and did not see it on the lot. I'm hopeful, but skeptical that we will get it tomorrow. I'd sure love to be driving it this weekend!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
After my delivery was 2 days passed the promise, the sales manager called the port in Tampa and offerred the driver a steak dinner if he would push ahead and make the drive down that nite. Picked my new child up the next eve after work.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
You may want to confirm that you do not have the serious water leak problem before you do any paperwork and accept delivery. Mine should arrive within the next week or two and I plan to have the dealer hose down the vehicle while I am there. If the truck leaks - no sale!

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
U-H,
Good idea about the water test. We're going in hand with our checklist and doing the most thorough inspection that dealer has probably ever seen a consumer do, thanks to the great collection of tips from this website.

It does help to know other people's delivery experiences. I'm carrying around my camera and packet of consumer information about the RL with us all day in the event that we get the call from the dealer. If we haven't heard by noon or so, we'll drop by for an update. Hopefully my next post will include photos of us with our Blue NAV.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am supposed to take delivery of mine today as well. Originally it was yesterday, but the truck didn't show. Hopefully today.

How do owners recommend performing a test to ensure that the vehicle does not have the water issue?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Before signing any paperwork or accepting delivery, I plan to pull the mats back a bit and place some paper towles on the floor and under the dash. Run a garden hose over the roof, windshield and hood for 20 to 30 minutes simulating rain. If the towles or floor mats get wet, game over, NO SALE! If it stays dry its party time! I will run the checklist but I am confident that everything on the list, including wind noise, can and will be resolved if any other problems appear.

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
I just read another message today about water on the floor being caused by a poorly sealed wheel well on the passenger side. So running water over it might not produce the result.

Anyway, I got mine on March 2 and it's all good.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We just got the call and we're off to meet our new wheels!!!!

L

·
0 Posts
OMG I feel like I'm getting my 'Line all over again. Let us know how much you love her!!! Send pictures too!!

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
imaki, I hope you heard when yours will be in. I know the waiting made me crazy.

They had our blue parked right up front. We were mobbed with well wishers while still on the lot.

We just got home at dark. After the dealer part was over we drove around for a while and showed it off. We are both completely smitten. There are so many wonderful discoveries to be made. NAV is the best. What a hoot!

I'm going to try to post one photo, though I took dozens. I'm too tired to do much else tonight. Too much fun can be hard on a person. . . Besides, we've got to get up bright and early to play more tomorrow. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Looks great Truckin'. Word is that mine will be in Monday at the *latest*. I am crossing my fingers for tomorrow. Have fun, and we all look forward to more pics!

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll keep good thoughts going your way today. It's fun that we're both getting similar trucks so close together. Are you planning in any mods for yours? I'll be checking posts whenever I can to see if yours came in.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Got the call this morning about 10:00, drove it off of the lot around 3:00. We are very happy with the purchase so far! The truck rides great and looks so much better going down the road than it does in pictures. My wife drove it on its maiden voyage from the dealership to the house. I seem to get to do that for all of the new cars so it was her turn.

I will try to post some pictures soon. I have not figured out what I would like to add at this point. So far there isn't anything that seems lacking.

In case anyone is interested, we put a deposit down on the steel blue a couple months back. Around two weeks ago I checked carsdirect.com and they were listing it for $33,273 (RTL w/ Nav, incl. destination). I talked to the dealership we had the deposit at and they wouldn't match the carsdirect price. We initiated the cars direct process on the 21st, and obviously now we have the car. We are very pleased with the carsdirect.com process, and recommend it to anyone considering that direction. It is our 5th new Honda/Acura purchase, and is definately the most pleasant.

Thanks for the thought's Truckin', it seems they helped!

Ian - #14,056

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Imaki,
I'm so thrilled you got it for the weekend. And what a guy to give up the ride home. I drove the old Trooper. In fact, I still haven't driven the blue Ridgeline (I drove a few miles in the one we took out for a test drive).

I'm glad you had a faster delivery, better price and good experience with carsdirect. Our dealer experience was OK, but I don't like the way cars are sold with the succession of people marched in to sell you more worthless "protections" to get more money out of you. I'll write about the experience in a new post when I have more time.

We're modifying the ride today to make it doggy cozy in the back. The dogs haven't been in it yet because it's been raining and we didn't get to work on it until today. The sun is shining bright with blue skies this morning. Hubby's going to start that project and I'm off to work on my office remodel. Maybe they can go for a ride by the time I get home.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts