Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.xmastoydrive.org/

This link will explain this years 2006 Xmas Toy Drive. I already made a $5.00 donation to be sure it was working correctly. It is a contest which doesn't start for another 12 days.
Winning doesn't make much difference to me. It for the kids. :)

This link is how you donate.
http://www.dropcash.com/campaign/LadyRidge/2006_xmas_toy_drive/thank-you/

I think when the campaign is over, we should get the money to TwinTym so he can make the donation to Loma Linda.
I hope that's alright with everyone here.

Have fun and thanks.:)

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
I'm in, LadyRidge. One question, though. Is it too soon to make the contribution? You say something about the drive starting in 12 days. I hope I didn't screw things up. :eek:

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jsant01 said:
I'm in, LadyRidge. One question, though. Is it too soon to make the contribution? You say something about the drive starting in 12 days. I hope I didn't screw things up. :eek:
The official site vs site contest starts in 12 days. I guess it all depends on how important it is to people regarding it being a contest. My thinking is I would like to get as much cash as we can to help the kids. But that's just me. Whatever the club wants to do is okey dokey with me. :)
Thanks Joe. :p

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Hi everyone. I clicked on the link to the toydrive and saw the ridgelineowners.com link. It doesn't link to ROC because they left the "owners" part off. It just goes to the "page cannot be displayed" screen because of the invalid website address.

I finally did talk to the folks at Loma Linda Children's Hospital and they said they can accept whatever gifts we have for them in whatever form we want to donate. If everyone agrees to give the proceeds to Loma Linda, a lot of children will benefit. My grandson is still in the NICU there and is getting better everyday. We hope to have him home within the next couple of weeks. The poor little guy is having a hernia operation later this week. After that, he just needs to get a little bigger and feed from a bottle consistently. His sister Summer is home and is almost 10 pounds now. We got to babysit her for a few hours yesterday while her mom went to visit Andrew in the hospital.

Please let me know what I can do to assist. No matter what charity the proceeds go to, I know some special children will get great joy from an unexpected Christmas present. It's good to feel remembered and loved at what must be a difficult time for a child away from home at Christmas. ROC members and their families are a kind and giving group of people. I'm proud to be a part of the ROC family.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Twintym said:
Hi everyone. I clicked on the link to the toydrive and saw the ridgelineowners.com link. It doesn't link to ROC because they left the "owners" part off. It just goes to the "page cannot be displayed" screen because of the invalid website address.

I finally did talk to the folks at Loma Linda Children's Hospital and they said they can accept whatever gifts we have for them in whatever form we want to donate. If everyone agrees to give the proceeds to Loma Linda, a lot of children will benefit. My grandson is still in the NICU there and is getting better everyday. We hope to have him home within the next couple of weeks. The poor little guy is having a hernia operation later this week. After that, he just needs to get a little bigger and feed from a bottle consistently. His sister Summer is home and is almost 10 pounds now. We got to babysit her for a few hours yesterday while her mom went to visit Andrew in the hospital.

Please let me know what I can do to assist. No matter what charity the proceeds go to, I know some special children will get great joy from an unexpected Christmas present. It's good to feel remembered and loved at what must be a difficult time for a child away from home at Christmas. ROC members and their families are a kind and giving group of people. I'm proud to be a part of the ROC family.
Well..I never like make the final say on anything this important that involves so many people but because we have so many, it's hard to come to one conclusion, so, I propose it's Loma Linda. ok??? ok!! :)

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
LadyRidge said:
Well..I never like make the final say on anything this important that involves so many people but because we have so many, it's hard to come to one conclusion, so, I propose it's Loma Linda. ok??? ok!! :)
LadyRidge, this topic has been discusssed for at least a week, maybe more. In that time no one else has offered a differing suggestion. I think that means no one objects. So I'd go with it. Just my thought. :p

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jsant01 said:
LadyRidge, this topic has been discusssed for at least a week, maybe more. In that time no one else has offered a differing suggestion. I think that means no one objects. So I'd go with it. Just my thought. :p
I agree with you Joe. Let's do it. :):p

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,613 Posts
I think that Loma Linda is a great recipient for this.

Also, if we're going to be tracked on this, we might as well hold donations until the contest starts. It doesn't mean nobody will give...only that we won't give until it's a valid date range for the contest. Just my thoughts.

Also, I'm creating an entirely new area for this (kind of like we have for national meets) so that it gets more views and everyone can see it. Otherwise, this will get lost. I'll copy this thread there.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great TMac, thanks.
Hey Joe...Dad says we're good to go with Loma Linda. :D :)

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jsant01 said:
Yes, I see that. Good news. Now I'm worried my contribution was placed too early. :confused: We'll see, I guess.
I just won't report it. :D ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts