Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 160 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
britimes2 said:
I just noticed that I wrote and sent the check on November 28th, and it wasn't cashed until December 29th.
Little late for a Christmas gift, the Friday after Christmas!:confused:

·
Administrator
7,334 Posts
britimes2 said:
I just noticed that I wrote and sent the check on November 28th, and it wasn't cashed until December 29th.

Also, while it is entirely possible that we are talking about a "lost mail" issue here, I find it hard to believe, considering that with all the nationwide and overseas shipping I do, I have not had this problem before.

I don't know what happened, and I refuse to jump to conclusions; but I will say this is strange. I expect some further explanation if not from the member responsible then from the members who are still in contact. I have contacted Loma Linda myself and received an answer like Geotech's.

I am very upset; and this is the first and last time that I let someone else handle any charitable contributions on my behalf through an online forum.

It is a shame that other charitable causes are potentially scrutinized by these circumstances.
I would ask that you please keep track of the cashed check... it's probably one of the better items of evidence. I suspect that there will be a legal investigation into this matter.

If the police were to determine there was wrongoing in this matter I sincerely hope that there would be criminal charges forthcoming.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Sounds like the authorites, who have more resources than we do, should be contacted and let them investigate this issue, before the trail goes cold.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
britimes2 said:
I'd like to know whether anyone else has checked when their check was cashed?
I used paypal. :(

·
Registered
876 Posts
exA4 said:
Won't paypal tell you both when your donation was "cashed"? Didn't they send you receipt?
exA4
I got an e-mail receipt of sorts, from LadyRidge, on November 7. It all seems on the up and up to me....

"This email confirms that Janyce Campbell has accepted the $**.** USD you sent.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Payment Details
----------------------------------------------------------------
Amount: $**.** USD
Transaction ID: *******************
Subject: 2006 Xmas Toy Drive"

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
I was wondering why this post kept appearing after Christmas, so I read it out of curiousity.

Sad and unfortunate chain of events. That is why I choose not to donate online thru forums, and make direct contributions to local charities. Less chance of mishaps when fewer people are involved. Besides, I believe 'charity begins at home' and helping those closer to me is just as satisfying.

I hope everyone gets resolve and satisfaction. I am glad to see that T-Mac will handle it differently next year for those that donate on behalf of this group. I know T-Mac is concerned about the reputation of this forum and will do what he must to protect it.

I look forward to seeing how this is resolved so everyone can move on.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
exA4 said:
Won't paypal tell you both when your donation was "cashed"? Didn't they send you receipt?
exA4
My account says on Nov. 21, 2006 my donation was accepted by Studio 24 Graphics.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I also used Paypal. The charge went through the same day, back in November, and was on my next statement. I received confirmations from both JC and Paypal. JC even sent a truck of the year decal for the window of my RL. Hope this all gets straightened out. :(

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
This whole mess, no matter what caused it, is very troubling and saddening. :( I reckon that I'll donate only locally from now on, or directly to the intended recipient(s).

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I used Pay pal as well. I still need to hold my faith, but for those interested, you can dispute your pay pal claim... they may be able to help. My ex had a bad ebay transaction where the seller ripped her off. It took a couple months in the resolution center as the seller had so many days to show proof of product. After that time period, pay pal reversed the charge
In this case there is no proof of product. I really hope JC can have the postal service track her lost MO, as linked in an earlier post then maybe we can peg this on the postal service.... of course if they lost it, what are the odds of them fessing up :rolleyes:
Also perhaps someone has, but let JC know to go to her bank statements and use that as partial proof of a withdrawal or that a check was written towards this postal order.
Will not be the first of the US postal screw ups (if the did)
I had the local postmaster yrs ago bring me boxes of mail they had found in a workers garage:eek: Had magazine offers. the magazines, the bills, late fees for them etc.. etc...

·
Registered
155 Posts
I also used Paypal and do hope that this situation comes to a happy ending. Do not want to point fingers at anyone but there should be a way to resolve what happened. Even though JC is banned it may be a good idea to let her back on to give her side of the story directly to our members.

·
Registered
545 Posts
meanmachine19 said:
I was wondering why this post kept appearing after Christmas, so I read it out of curiousity.

Sad and unfortunate chain of events. That is why I choose not to donate online thru forums, and make direct contributions to local charities. Less chance of mishaps when fewer people are involved. Besides, I believe 'charity begins at home' and helping those closer to me is just as satisfying.

I hope everyone gets resolve and satisfaction. I am glad to see that T-Mac will handle it differently next year for those that donate on behalf of this group. I know T-Mac is concerned about the reputation of this forum and will do what he must to protect it.

I look forward to seeing how this is resolved so everyone can move on.
I hate to nitpick, meanmachine19, but that adage refers to what you teach your children.

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
Cajun said:
I also used Paypal and do hope that this situation comes to a happy ending. Do not want to point fingers at anyone but there should be a way to resolve what happened. Even though JC is banned it may be a good idea to let her back on to give her side of the story directly to our members.
I am concerned about JC (aka LR). I received an e-mail from her inviting me to visit her on the other site. She does not seem to be posting on that site since early in January. I checked her graphics web site and it is apparently closed. Not sure what is going on with her, let us all hope for the best.:confused:

·
Registered
545 Posts
25 Year Honda Owner said:
I am concerned about JC (aka LR). I received an e-mail from her inviting me to visit her on the other site. She does not seem to be posting on that site since early in January. I checked her graphics web site and it is apparently closed. Not sure what is going on with her, let us all hope for the best.:confused:
I also tried to contact her website about ordering a decal. My email was not delivered due to her server, and is being held by mine.
I've made several transactions with her, and not a glitch.
Does anybody know her up close, other than emails etc? I have the impression that some of the people she's around could be, uh, rough. Don't ask me why, it's just a feeling. :confused:
Foul play by others is a possibility.
exA4

141 - 160 of 179 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.