Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 179 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Okay, I re-sent my email to the address on the new website. We'll see what happens.
Thanks, MoosePond, for the re-direct.
Cool name, btw. :) I saw a moose (a bull) in Vermont, I think it was, back in the 1960's. Impressive.
exA4

·
Registered
277 Posts
T Mac said:
If anyone paid by check, please send me a PM or email. If you are willing to disclose the amount, they may be helpful as well but it's certainly not required.
T-Mac, since it has already been mentioned that the Christmas name part of the Toy Drive is confusing, and some just so happen to notice posting going on, why not start a specific thread for those that donated that will catch attention so those that might of payed by check or any other form that have proof can post, or at least PM you with their details. Something like, Did you donate to the Christmas Toy Drive?

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
exA4 said:
I hate to nitpick, meanmachine19, but that adage refers to what you teach your children.
WTF?? Does it really bother you that much to nitpick? Get a life.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
T Mac said:
Take it outside, fellas. This is about the Toy Drive for 2006.
Can everyone hear my polite golf clap for T Mac? Bravo!

·
Registered
545 Posts
What?? Oh, that. :rolleyes:
Anyway, I just heard back from JC. I'd asked for info about a decal I'm interested in.
She asked to get back to me next week. Her Mother in Florida has had a heart attack, and she needs to go to her.
Maybe we could leave her alone for right now?
exA4

·
Registered
8 Posts
There are sick children that are at the Loma Linda Hospital that could use that money. I will not "let up" on her until we have a resolution on this. Detective Dave Hetrick from the Brecksville Police department is now investigating this and we should have some kind of information soon.

All JC has to do is donate the money. It is something that should have been done a long time ago.

·
Administrator
7,334 Posts
scionlife said:
There are sick children that are at the Loma Linda Hospital that could use that money. I will not "let up" on her until we have a resolution on this. Detective Dave Hetrick from the Brecksville Police department is now investigating this and we should have some kind of information soon.

All JC has to do is donate the money. It is something that should have been done a long time ago.
EXCELLENT POST! Couldn't have said it better myself.

Excuses don't cut it in this case.

Excellent post!

·
Registered
545 Posts
scionlife said:

Why not wait for the results of Mr. Hetrick's investigation before we "come down" on anybody? There are a lot of potential culprits between JC and those children. I'm sure the detective will check out them all, including office workers at the hospital.
If she cops to it, or is tried and convicted or otherwise proven guilty, then and only then I'll condemn her. Not now. Not because it "seems like" she did it.
Notice that I didn't say that she didn't steal the contributions. That's because I don't know.
exA4

·
Administrator
7,334 Posts
exA4 said:
What?? Oh, that. :rolleyes:
Anyway, I just heard back from JC. I'd asked for info about a decal I'm interested in.
She asked to get back to me next week. Her Mother in Florida has had a heart attack, and she needs to go to her.
Maybe we could leave her alone for right now?
exA4
exA4, I hope you'll send the info regarding how you were contacted by JC to T Mac so he can pass it on to the police.

I know several people have gone to extreme lengths to get in touch with her and have been ignored.... apparently including the police. Seems that she will communicate with you and nobody else.

Hope you will pass the entire message info, including header, to T Mac so it can be investigated by law enforcement.

·
Registered
545 Posts
csimo said:
exA4, I hope you'll send the info regarding how you were contacted by JC to T Mac so he can pass it on to the police.

I know several people have gone to extreme lengths to get in touch with her and have been ignored.... apparently including the police. Seems that she will communicate with you and nobody else.

Hope you will pass the entire message info, including header, to T Mac so it can be investigated by law enforcement.
Of course I'm not going to "pass" a private email to an unconcerned person, unless it's demanded by warrant. Why would I? :confused: I doubt that TMac would even ask.
But the email address is readily available on her new business website as linked somewhere above. She simply replied to my inquiry to that address and there was no mention of all this. Maybe she's wisely communicating with a lawyer about this thing.
Who are you, anyway, to even suggest such I do such a thing?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, I will admit that there are possibilities other than theft, but my point is that I am not going to remove the pressure from her to explain the issue. The facts are simple. Everyone sent her their money. She has not shown that the money was donated. Period. I have spent HOURS doing my own investigating on this, and she has chosen not to assist me in any way. I am reaching the end of my patience. She simply needs to explain where the money is. That is all.

It is not complicated.

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,613 Posts
Let's not jump to conclusions here guys. Please let things proceed and let's all hope for the best. Ultimately, we just want the hospital to get the money - one way or another.

I'm sure Darren will keep us informed of anything he finds out. Until then, all we can do is wait and hope.

Thank you for your cooperation.

·
Registered
545 Posts
scionlife said:
Yes, I will admit that there are possibilities other than theft, but my point is that I am not going to remove the pressure from her to explain the issue. The facts are simple. Everyone sent her their money. She has not shown that the money was donated. Period. I have spent HOURS doing my own investigating on this, and she has chosen not to assist me in any way. I am reaching the end of my patience. She simply needs to explain where the money is. That is all.

It is not complicated.
I think that it's gotten complicated enough that TMac might be wise to shut this thread down right now. Some here are coming perilously close to inviting civil action.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
exA4 said:
I think that it's gotten complicated enough that TMac might be wise to shut this thread down right now. Some here are coming perilously close to inviting civil action.
Are you an attorney, moderator, neither or both?:confused:

·
Registered
171 Posts
scionlife said:
The facts are simple. Everyone sent her their money. She has not shown that the money was donated. Period. I have spent HOURS doing my own investigating on this, and she has chosen not to assist me in any way. I am reaching the end of my patience. She simply needs to explain where the money is. That is all.

It is not complicated.
Sometimes a person's actions speak a lot louder than her words.

Patiently waiting for the final resolution on this issue.

JB

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,613 Posts
As promised and requested, I'm keeping you up-to-date with the toy drive money. I received the following email update from Darren at scionlife.com today:

Hey guys, this is Darren again. I've been busy researching the donation and can definitively say that the funds never made it to the hospital. JC claims that she sent a money order and it must have been lost in the mail, but she has not yet confirmed an attempt to track the money order. It is my opinion that the money order was never purchased.

The Brecksville Police Department is now investigating, and the Loma Linda Hospital has agreed to contact me if the payment arrives, or if there is any news on the subject. I would like to make a list of donees, so if you gave to this event please email me directly. Tell me your full name, how much you donated, how you donated and what city/state you live in and your phone number. My email address is [email protected].

If you are a PayPal donee please do NOT dispute the payment yet. I am afraid that this will simply cause her PayPal account to be closed and that you will not get a refund. She will then have a reason to further postpone the resolution.

Thank you.

Darren Seeman

161 - 179 of 179 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.