Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the Honda "Chrome Door Trim" (see attached stock photo) on their G2? I'd love to see some "real life" photos to get a better idea of how these look. Bonus points if anyone has done a DYI installation and can share any insights, tips, and/or photos of the installation process.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,557 Posts
I have it on mine. The dealer did install it so sorry no real life install experience. But I do like the chrome on my truck. A lot of people black out everything. I'm from the opposite group that votes Trump lol

Steve M

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have it on mine. The dealer did install it so sorry no real life install experience. But I do like the chrome on my truck. A lot of people black out everything. I'm from the opposite group that votes Trump lol

Steve M
Trump AND chrome. We think alike! Any chance you can post a photo? Of the chrome, not The Donald. I bet it looks awesome on your Deep Scarlet Pearl.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for posting Steve! That really looks nice. I have to decide if there will be enough contrast between the chrome and my Lunar Silver Metallic paint to make it look as nice as that.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I too like the looks of the lower chrome moldings, I did see a set at the dealer on a Pilot and they looked nice. I personally think that they are too far down to do much good as far as dent protection from other doors, but the looks will add to any RL that is the ones with upper chrome molding around the doors. The molding look like they are metal and felt like it too, I personally gave them a thump with my finger and they did not have that composite vinyl feel. By the install instructions and the way they are installed I would say metal for sure.

trainman

·
Registered
223 Posts
I had BODY SIDE MOLDINGS and CHROME DOOR TRIM installed on my Obsidian Blue RTL-E this week. Here are before pictures, after molding, and then with molding and trim. I bought them from Bernardi and had them installed at a local body shop (too much for me to DIY).

Attachments

Reactions: Pacman9270

·
Registered
223 Posts
Happy they helped you decide!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Happy the pictures helped you decide!

Reactions: BillfrmCalgary

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just looked at the pictures again.
Really nice, That's the model and color I'm getting.

I'll be sure to post DSLR pictures of mine amongst the Canadian Rockies.
Due Next week or the week after that.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I put chrome on my door window trims. It looks great.

Delicate touches of chrome look nice in my opinion. I was not sure the chrome on the door window trim would look good, but your picture has prompted me to investigate further. The fading matte black trim on my RTL-T is already looking rough. Would you please point me in the right direction to purchase this item? Thank you, Roomsuper.
I am confused by this post. It sounds like Roomsuper who has a RTL-T quoted someone who has a RTL-E with chrome window trims. But Roomsuper's profile shows he has a RTL-E.

I looked at B&I Chrome Post Trims:

https://www.carid.com/2018-honda-ridgeline-chrome-accessories/bi-pillar-posts-226075468.html

My Pilot's matte black window trim is not looking good neither. I may put chrome trims on soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts