Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a used 2017 Black Edition and have been looking for a set of summer wheels and tires. I saw a listing for Civic Type R OEM wheels and it looks like they'll fit!

I think the red accents with a Black Edition would look pretty slick.

I can't find any details on load rating, any concerns about running these on the truck?

Diameter: 20
Width: 8.5
Offset: +60 mm
PCD: 5x120

Weight: 29.1

Lug-Nuts: M14x1.5
Hub: 64.1 mm

·
Premium Member
2,353 Posts
The Civic is a significantly lighter weight vehicle. I would question the weight rating for these wheels for use on a Ridgeline. Also, they seem a heavier wheel than I would have assumed for the Civic. Aren't the Ridgeline factory wheels lighter than 29 #?

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,721 Posts
OEM Ridgeline wheels are 18". The Type R wheels are 20's. Its not too surprising that the larger diameter wheels are heavier. Perhaps you should check out the listed weight for the tires that you are thinking about using and then compare the weight of the entire tire and wheel package . . .Bascially, the same tire in a 20" size should be less weight than the tire for an 18" wheel assuming they have the same (or similar) rolling diameter.

The fact that those wheels are somewhat heavy and that they are expected to see spirited use may actually be in your favor as they might actually have a chance at having weight rating suitable for the Ridge. Not a given by any means and you really will need to find the load rating and make sure that it is suitable.

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,501 Posts
GAWR min is only 2205lbs on the Type R. I would imagine the wheels are barely over that due to the car being a track vehicle.

I personally wont risk it, unless someone can pull up the load rating on it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks! I don't think it's worth the risk at this point. Was just a thought since everything seems beefed up to take more abuse on the Type R.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I'm Pretty sure the Ridgeline 2G factory wheels are +55 mm offset.
I'd like to know that for sure. I've also heard +35 and +45. The XD wheels I purchased for my truck were +38. Most of the wheels Tire Rack and Discount Tire sell are between 30 and 50mm offset. There are some exceptions.

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,501 Posts
I'd like to know that for sure. I've also heard +35 and +45. The XD wheels I purchased for my truck were +38. Most of the wheels Tire Rack and Discount Tire sell are between 30 and 50mm offset. There are some exceptions.
@Farther is correct. OEM offset is +55mm on the G2. Same offset used on the current generation Pilot and Odyssey.
The G1 is +45mm.

·
Registered
25 Posts
ok. i jacked up my Ridgeline , removed the wheel , and yes there is alot of misinformation out there
looks like i was wrong based on what is stamped on the wheel, i assume 55 is the offset

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
On a different note, some of the G1 peeps puts those Camaro wheels on their trucks, looks pretty good but don't know about the load rating on those either.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
I know this is quite old but here’s the answer.

The load rating of 60mm offset (aka ET60) OEM Civic Type R wheels (in my garage) is 1,323 pounds.

Honda specs on their website show 245/60-R18s. My ‘17 BE came with 245/60 105H Destination Dueler LE2 tires with max load of 2,039 lbs.

So, yes, Type R wheels will fit a G2 Ridgeline nicely and the 5 mm more offset is nothing that you could even feel.

Should they be used? No. The vehicle is 4,515 lbs (BE) so add a 200 lbs person, say 50 lbs junk in the trunk and TVW is 4765.

That’s 1191 lbs per tire rated at 1,323.

This effectively limits your cargo or people capacity to just 540 more pounds.

My wife and son together are close to that, way over if she brings her purse.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hello @TruckOffRLBE-on , thanks for that! But correct me if I'm wrong, that 1323 is the maximum load rating on the tires, not necessary the wheels themselves. I can imagine the wheels would theoretically handle a little higher load, says around 1600 lbs, still not enough for RL though.

I can imagine the low profile, sport-oriented tires on the Type R carry a much smaller max load than say we switch out with a higher load rated tire.

Not once I would imagine put these on my truck, but was just curious questions, that's all :D

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
You’re correct sir, I reported the load rating of the OEM Conti6 summer tires that come with a 2017-2019 Type R (I left off the 2020 as even though same size tires I can’t vouch for what Honda delivers on them as mine is a 2019). I can vouch for the earlier ones as seem plenty, same tires.

I don’t know if that was a guess at 1600 lbs for Type R WHEELS load rating but it’s right.

Using two fitment calculators, the two w/t combos aren’t in the recommended 3% wiggle zone, some say 4% regarding OD and revs/mile. The circumference (<— first knight of the round table btw) and outside/overall diameter differ by almost 13%. At 60mph indicated, R ones are 13% low too at only 52.3 mph, 13% everything except width. See attached.

If you want to get different tires for some R wheels then can do. Try 265/45-R20s at .6% size and speedo error as best size match, not sure how they’d look, prolly want less wheel gap (drop it!). If you used Goodyear Eagle Touring tires, the load rating is 1,986 lbs so the 1,600 wheel limit kicks in at 6,400 total (RL isn’t 50/50 F/R though.

Happy fitment!

For my R, TSW Interlagos with 255/35/19 x9.5 ET41, Eibach Pro springs lowered .8 F&R running Goodyear Eagle Exhilaration A/S that are as good as Michelin’s, even better wet. I have no contact, flush tuck, just a few mm fender gap.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts