Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

421 - 440 of 458 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #421
Yep, we are still using, er -- should I say -- the dogs are still using -- our doggie deck. It's served our family well. I'm glad to have the positive feedback on it. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 1/2 mile gravel driveway that I travel on at least twice daily so I've been replacing my cabin air filter every 7,500 miles with a NAPA ProSelect (part # SFI 224815). It costs $10.49 and it drops right in.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Did mine today :act030: thanks for the help--charcoal one off e-bay $9.99 shipped--:act035:

·
Registered
333 Posts
I've got it all done, except putting the grooved gizmo back in, already cleaned the blood off the cloth seat where i had cut my hand, My hands require XXL gloves, so this might be an impediment. Guess i will head back out to the garage and give it another twirl.
JimmyG

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the info, this 06 I have is the newest vehicle I've ever owned and I want to take good care of it, don't have my Haynes or Chiltons yet and this gave me a great workaround till I do. Started off looking for the source of a musty smell after heavy rains (A and C post leak or clogged AC drain tube or plugged drains at front mud flaps possibly- I will know more tomorrow...) but learned that this is a good item to check too, ROC- THANK YOU!
Learn something new every day if you are lucky!

·
Premium Member
5,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #428 (Edited)
It turns out I'm glad to have this thread to refer to for myself. I remembered the easy process, but when the little piston arm was missing, this gave me a perfect way to show BIGGUY what is supposed to be there.

We only had an empty cannister swinging on the right side. We couldn't see the missing part in the cavity below the glove box, but it was located by reaching down and feeling for it. There was a good snap when it was pushed back into place and we finished the filter change with only that small hiccup.

I took a couple of photos from a different angle to spotlight what the arm part looks like, in the event that anyone else has the same missing part surprise. I also got a close up of the snapped down position on the post on the back right side of the glove box before the rubber bumper was put back into place.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Glad I found this thread. Actually, this is the exact same setup that was in my Tacoma, except for maybe the way the stopper attaches.

Gotta keep an eye on these things down here where we get a lot of pollen.

·
Premium Member
5,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #430
I'm glad you found it too. Some of these old threads are still of value but they get buried. It's good to get them back to the surface for new owners to use.

·
Premium Member
11,422 Posts
Lot of folks pop the piston, you find out pretty quickly what happened. One look in the SM if you have one, if very helpful. But this is something most of us shade tree mechanics can get through without much help.

·
Super Moderator
6,868 Posts
Truckin, just wanted to say thanks again for this thread. Did all of it on memory, til I got to the reconnecting the arm. I had taken a microfiber towel and wiped everything down, but didn't realize I'd pushed the arm in so here again the ROC & it's members come thru

·
Premium Member
5,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #434
You're so welcome! It's good to bump these old threads back to the top once in a while.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
I've gotten to the point where I could probably do this in the dark with my eyes closed by feel alone. It's unbelievably simple to do. I would be extremely mad if a dealership or other place tried to charge me $90 for this. Even taking the part cost into mind, they're charging you a dollar per SECOND.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Thanks for that bump Truckin, I clean mine every 3 months and replace when needed after that. You have saved me some bucks in over ten years. Glad your still roamin around. Do you have an open mind and waitin for the new RL or drivin that old one to the ground if you still have it.

·
Premium Member
5,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #437
Hey, yeah I'm still out here and I lurk a bit. BIGGUY still drives old BLUE, but hardly into the ground. She's got a few dings but is as sound as ever. :cheerleader: It's, hands down, our best vehicle purchase ever.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had no clue there even was a cabin air filter until I was looking for some other RL filters on Amazon and saw the cabin air filter offered.

Thanks for a post on replacement. We have very dusty dirt roads and NO dealer. Do all the maintenance myself.

421 - 440 of 458 Posts