Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have a Navi screen and are detailing the inside of your truck make sure that you don't use a window cleaner product like windex on the screen. You should clean fingerprints off with something called laptop monitor screen wipes. These can be purchased at any office supply store like Officemax, Office Depot, Staples, etc. I hear there is a chemical in window cleaner that will yellow the plastic screen over time.

If I would guess what they are using in the wipes it would be rubbing alcohol but I am not completely sure. Anyway the wipes work great and they are reasonable enough in price that I don't really think twice about it.

I usually wipe down the screen with the wipe and then buff the screen with an old white cotton undershirt. Make sure you use a soft 100% cottn cloth.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'd imagine you could just use a microfiber towel as well, to clean the screen. Fingerprints are just oil that should wipe off fairly easily.

·
Registered
257 Posts
On that note, a damp cloth ( Not to wet) or any kind of soft cloth with plain ole water works best for me

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just ordered a screen protector 17.3 cm x 9.7 cm from [email protected]. the one at expresscentre.com is 17.5 and a bit too wide so Steve is sending me a 17.3 wide one. they are only about $15 delivered

·
Registered
114 Posts
Not sure about this, but if you put a screen protector on your nav unit, will you still be able to use the touch screen feature? From what I know of touch screens, the static from your fingers is what makes the this work.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Endust computer screen wipes

Antistatic Premoistened Wipes for Electronics Prolong the life of your PCs, VCRs, stereos and all other valuable electronic equipment. Soft, nonabrasive 5-1/2 x 7 wipes safely clean all electronic component surfaces. Nonstreaking, antistatic, ammonia-free. Evaporates in seconds. Pop-up tub. 70 Wipes per Tub $5.78

Staples, Office Max/Depot

Have used them for 7 years on Acura TL navi and now Ridgeline.

Paul

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Nick, The screen protector works great and the touch screen works fine. The camera still is easy to see on it also. My son bought it for me as a new car persent. Our 99 TL navi screen is worn out where you touch it to say ok when you turn on the car. That is why I wanted it to keep the anti reflective coating from wearing out. I did not read the other thread yet in the post above. For a $12 what a deal.

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
Clay said:
Our 99 TL navi screen is worn out where you touch it to say ok when you turn on the car. QUOTE]

FYI, you can push the Joystick/Ent button on the Navi instead of the Ok on the screen. That's what I will be doing for now on since you mentioned wearing out the navi screen.

Thanks for the info.

Joe

·
Registered
265 Posts
It was only the 99 TL that had that weakness so you shouldn't worry about it for the Ridgeline. Check out my web site for 99 Acura Navi info and I have details on fixing your screen. www.navhelp.com

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey All, bought this stuff over the weekend, Belkin LCD Cleaning System. It did a great job at cleaning and keeping the screen clean too. Not sure if that’s a pro or a con... obviously this application is putting something on the screen that repels body oils (pro) hopefully since it's designed for LCD's it won't have any damaging chemical properties. It smells mostly like denatured alcohol.

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=&Product_Id=198337

TL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts