Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Does anyone have a recommendation for cleaning the silver plasticy stuff? (aka door handles - this is worse for those who got the "silver interior trim") I had the same stuff on my Acura CL (2001) and boy it is nasty stuff.

(a) It loves oily fingers. Those prints get on there and if you let them set they are never coming off
(b) I found out the coating comes off wind sun tan lotion (so make sure to wash your hands! My finance accidentally left the suntan lotion on my counsel and after spending a day at the state fair in Minnesota (on a 95+F day) the lotion bottle had burst. The lotion ended up permamently staining the plastic.

BTW: Do not use any solvents on the plastic over the dials. This plastic is very thin and scratches very easily. Swiffer duster works good for getting the dust off.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yep "303 Protectant" Just check out the Washing/Waxing/Detailing Threads (listed under Forum Jump)
jadrake said:
Hi all,
Does anyone have a recommendation for cleaning the silver plasticy stuff? (aka door handles - this is worse for those who got the "silver interior trim") I had the same stuff on my Acura CL (2001) and boy it is nasty stuff.

(a) It loves oily fingers. Those prints get on there and if you let them set they are never coming off
(b) I found out the coating comes off wind sun tan lotion (so make sure to wash your hands! My finance accidentally left the suntan lotion on my counsel and after spending a day at the state fair in Minnesota (on a 95+F day) the lotion bottle had burst. The lotion ended up permamently staining the plastic.

BTW: Do not use any solvents on the plastic over the dials. This plastic is very thin and scratches very easily. Swiffer duster works good for getting the dust off.

L

·
0 Posts
jadrake said:
Hi all,

Ridgeman is right. I use 303 on the SILVER handles and its weeks before I have to do it again.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
ladyridge said:
Ridgeman is right. I use 303 on the SILVER handles and its weeks before I have to do it again.
I second Ladyridge!! I installed the metallic dash kit, and leaned it once. two weeks now, it is clean, smooth and print free still! Got my 303 at a RV store. Also use it on the whole interior and exterior trims as well as my running boards...nothing else comes close!! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts