Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone putting on a teflon clear coat?

How about leather protection/conditioner?

The dealer has a package that includes sometype of teflon clear coat, leather protector and rust protection. I would think that factory rust protection if sufficient.

I am looking for information or opinions on the clear coat and leather protection.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thats a great question. when i first bought my honda sport bike i did the same thing. I took off the plastics and coated it myself . But the truck I will have done professionally. I want the truck to have that Wet look (high gloss)when its clean. I'm doing it more for comestic reasons not so much for up-keep and function.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have a cleaning business in FL for the past 20 years. I have been using a leather conditioner and protectant sold by Bridgepoint Company. They even have their own stores throughout parts of the country. I have had excellent results on fine leather furniture. Can only imagine it will work great on my RTL which I am picking up tomorrow. Can't hardly wait!

·
Registered
198 Posts
I would not buy a protection package from a dealer. Don't let let them make you feel guilty as if you are abusing your new purchase. Nothing could be farther from the truth.
If their "rust protection" includes drilling holes in your truck, tell the dealer no way . Thats the fastest way to having your truck rust through from the inside out. The teflon treatment and leather protection are nothing but pure dealer profit. Use your own favorite wax or synthetic which will last just as long and save your money. I have seen recommendations for leather treatments on this board but in reality the leather used by Honda/Toyota/etc. is for lack of a better term "plasticized". The leather will not absorbed the treatment. The main worry would be abrasion anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts