Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an issue with the climate control in my 2006 RTL. I've taken the truck to my dealer but all the service tech did was to stick a thermometer in the vents and state it was working properly.

Per the manual - Using Automatic Climate Control On RTS, RTL, and Canadian EXL models

The automatic climate control system adjusts the fan speed and airflow levels to maintain the interior temperature you select.
• Press the AUTO button.
• Set the desired temperature by turning the temperature control dial. You will see AUTO in the system's display.
The system automatically selects the proper mix of conditioned and/ or heated air that will, as quickly as possible, raise or lower the interior temperature to your preference.

This sounds exactly what I want! Either I'm doing something wrong or something is broken.

I'm always adjusting the temp to be comfortable, whereas in my Lexus I almost never have to adjust the temp. I live in Prescott AZ, in the summer when it is hot outside often in the cab it will get too cold and I have set the temp to 72. When it gets too cold I raise the temp a degree or two and for a period of time all is OK but after a period of time it is too hot and I adjust it down to 72 again. On the really hot days I'm frequently adjusting the temp up/down numerous times, especially on a long drive.

In the winter I go nuts when the temp outside is cold, especially when it is below freezing (but anything below the Climate Control setting seems to have an issue). The air coming out of the vents will be VERY warm and blast out. I’ve noticed that the colder it is outside the air coming out of the vents seems to be warmer, e.g. as the outside temp goes down the vent temp goes up. The only way I can reduce the temp to somewhat comfortable it to adjust the temp to 64 or lower. Unfortunately this is only a temp adjustment because the cab will then get cold.
I’ve read several post in the forum regarding the climate controls but did not find any that seem to address my issue, however I may have missed some of the postings.
I’ve run the self diags, per the service manual manual
• Turn the ignition switch OFF, and then ON
• Press and hold the OFF button. While holding the OFF button, press the recirculation button five times within 10 seconds. Release the OFF button, then the self-diagnostic begins. Wait for about one minute for the self-diagnostic to complete.
Almost immediately the fan comes on (seems to be high speed) I then see the display show Hi, Hi for a few seconds. Then the display will show Lo, Lo and the fan continues for a few seconds and then the display goes blank and the fan stops. I’ve waited for at least three minutes after the display goes blank but nothing happened.

· Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
24,636 Posts
I'm thinking a poster from 8 years ago with 18 posts may not see your post. He apparently last visited 8 months ago.

· Super Moderator
24,636 Posts
Did you try the diagnostic routine mentioned in the first post?

· Super Moderator
24,636 Posts
Yes. And it turned itself off after about 5 seconds and didn’t run a full test... similar To the original post.
Hmm. Not sure what to think. I can post the descriptive info on that test, just in case you missed something, but I'm not sure how helpful that will be.

Text Font Auto part Line art Circle
Text Line Font Design Parallel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.