Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, my clock on my Navi equipped RL started acting weird. It would jump from more than an hour and a half off forward and backward. It would vary as I drove. Sometimes it would be correct and then I'd glance at it again and it would be wrong.

I went into the setup and switched off the get time from GPS mode and set the time manually. It still did the same thing. I haven't gone anywhere today yet so I'm not sure if it was an isolated incident of if something is really screwed up. Anyone else seen this?

L

·
0 Posts
Ruffles said:
Last night, my clock on my Navi equipped RL started acting weird. It would jump from more than an hour and a half off forward and backward. It would vary as I drove. Sometimes it would be correct and then I'd glance at it again and it would be wrong.

I went into the setup and switched off the get time from GPS mode and set the time manually. It still did the same thing. I haven't gone anywhere today yet so I'm not sure if it was an isolated incident of if something is really screwed up. Anyone else seen this?
WOW..that is weird. Haven't seen it here.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I have definitely not seen this, but it is getting close to Halloween so perhaps your clock is haunted. Try wearing a mask out to your truck and maybe it will scare off the spirits.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Were you crossing back & forth between time zones by chance? :)

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Did you notice any strange lights in the sky..........ALIENS? :eek:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Do you have any other electronic xtra's hooked up to your navi? Ex. DVD player or tint or any thing that might cause electronic disturbance? :confused:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, it looks like it's still acting up. My truck is bone stock so I don't have anything else messing it up. I haven't been close to the timezones but the strange thing is that it not off by just an hour, it's varying amounts of hours and minuets. I guess I'll add it to the list of things like the steering creak and wind noise and make an appt with the dealer.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Please keep us posted!! Good luck!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Re: Clock wierdness//mask suggeston.

If you do decide to go with the mask thing, I would only roll with The King. He may make a lousy breakfast but the mask is just plain freakish :)

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's the update. The dealer searched and couldn't find any TSB on this. They tried to reset it per the PDI (pre delevery inspection) instructions but It really didn't reset everything. After replacing the fuse, the system prompted for the unlock code but then came up with all my data still intact so it wasn't really wiped clean. After playing a while longer trying to wipe EVERYTHING, they decided it would be easier to just replace the unit so I'll get that done next week. I wonder if the replacement will come with the new DVD?

They found the TSB on the creaky steering wheel so they'll do that next week as well.

They said that there was a notice from Honda advising people to pause after turning the key to on before starting the truck. They told me to wait untill the dash lights go out before actually cranking it over. Something about the passkey theft system take a moment to recognize the key. That is why it cranks for a second or two when starting as the key turns the engine but the fuel pump has to wait for the passkey before engageing. I tried waiting but I can't tell any difference when starting. It still take a second or two.

I talked to them about the clunk sound when starting the car after it's been sitting awhile. They told me it's from the A/C compressor and that the system sometimes builds up pressure as it sits. They claim this is typical of many differnt Honda models. While this doesn't make sense to me, I've had my wife start the truck while I was under the hood and the sound seemed to be from the compressor.

They hadn't heard of the wind noise and could find no TSB. As luck would have it, it didn't repro on the test drive. The noise seems to come and go. Maybe it will stay gone :).

·
Registered
198 Posts
Tell your dealer to look for this TSB

Make : HONDA Model : RIDGELINE Year : 2006
Manufacturer : HONDA (AMERICAN HONDA MOTOR CO.)
Service Bulletin Num : 805 Date of Bulletin: AUG 16, 2005
NHTSA Item Number: 10016775
Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM

Technical Service Bulletins Summary

Make: HONDA
Model: RIDGELINE
Year: 2006
Type: TRUCK
Service Bulletin Number: 805
NHTSA Item Number: 10016775
Summary Description:
NAVIGATION SYSTEM SOFTWARE BUG CAUSING THE CLOCK TO RANDOMLY CHANGE THE DISPLAYED TIME. *TT

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just got back from the dealer where they installed a new Nav system. I was hoping it would come with new software but it didn't. I did notice a couple of odd things though...

First, my original unit had a manufacture date of 5/05. The new one was 4/04. Second,on the original, there was a second sticker with a new barcode and different serial number. The tech said it look like it was refurbished. The new unit didn't have the second sticker.

He plugged it in and that was it. I expected him to go into the diag screens and configure stuff like tire diameter etc. He didn't. He claimed it was good to go from the factory. I have a hard time believing that. I looked at the screens and most were set to "auto". I've got the service manuals. Should I go thru them or just leave it?

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Ruffles said:
I just got back from the dealer where they installed a new Nav system. I was hoping it would come with new software but it didn't. I did notice a couple of odd things though...

First, my original unit had a manufacture date of 5/05. The new one was 4/04. Second,on the original, there was a second sticker with a new barcode and different serial number. The tech said it look like it was refurbished. The new unit didn't have the second sticker.

He plugged it in and that was it. I expected him to go into the diag screens and configure stuff like tire diameter etc. He didn't. He claimed it was good to go from the factory. I have a hard time believing that. I looked at the screens and most were set to "auto". I've got the service manuals. Should I go thru them or just leave it?
Hey Ruffles, did you take your baby back to the same dealer that could not fix your blistering paint?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts