Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the Pics
NP, glad to add to the images here. Even thought it is the same truck, everyone is a little different angle and that helps to get a feel for the truck until you can go see one in person.

About the rear doors. I can see how people would not be able to fit a dog cage in the door way. But I also don't see WHY they limited the opening. I thought it was the front door, but I open the back, then the front and there is PLENTY of room. I think you could have the rear door swing out another 4-6" and still not hit the front door.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I was looking at the G1 door stop compared to the G2. It may be a possible swap. I need to look at the Pilot one next.

·
Registered
45 Posts
That's a big gap from the pictures...

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a big gap from the pictures...
That bed gap does not look right. I hope it is an adjustment issue
Yes, my jaw dropped to the sidewalk and I went over to the other RL, it was the same way. I looked for damage inside, I seriously thought that somehow the bed was damaged! Then I realized that the tailgate has to swing open also so that is the reason. (I hope)
Can anyone confirm that with a picture of their newly purchased RL?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
G1 gate swings open the same way ... No gap like that ... You could float a hot air balloon thru that ... Let the games begin.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
G1 gate swings open the same way ... No gap like that ... You could float a hot air balloon thru that ... Let the games begin.
I sense you're hoping there is a problem...well, lets see other RL pics.
I could not open the tailgate all the way, the truck was too close to the building but it looked like it needed that space open open all the way.

I have an image of a 2006 RL and it looks the same. Cannot add it here but it is the last image on the link in the first post.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I sense you're hoping there is a problem...well, lets see other RL pics.
I could not open the tailgate all the way, the truck was too close to the building but it looked like it needed that space open open all the way.

I have an image of a 2006 RL and it looks the same. Cannot add it here but it is the last image on the link in the first post.
No not hoping for a problem. Former owner of 3 RL's I've seen all the nuances and problems discussed here over the years. There will be plenty with the G2 as well .. Just wondering how they will manifest and how significant or insignificant they will be. There were a lot of common annoying problems w/G1 ... I didn't mind some I encountered. I lived with my rocking seat for 2 yrs. - was negligible to me ...

·
Registered
970 Posts
I can throwing my RC stuff, trucks and planes, into the bed even the big plane will fit. I might even be able to fit my rc truck under the back seat.
I also have room for my Astronomy equipment, mounts, scopes and assorted extras.
Another astronomer and RC guy! Amazing. I think that the trunk will be great for a small mount for astro (of course, my Paramount is out of the question but not portable anyway) as well as for quads and such.

I also got to thinking about the interior lighting of the Black Edition. Looks to be red in some of the photos. That would be perfect, especially if it can be dimmed....

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I forgot to add this to my first impressions and remember it at various times of the day and then forget when I get home.

The $%^&* Emergency/parking brake!

It is right in the middle of the way, as if it doubles as a clutch pedal! Has anyone noticed this?

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Another astronomer and RC guy! Amazing. I think that the trunk will be great for a small mount for astro (of course, my Paramount is out of the question but not portable anyway) as well as for quads and such.

I also got to thinking about the interior lighting of the Black Edition. Looks to be red in some of the photos. That would be perfect, especially if it can be dimmed....
built in red lighting. Don't mention it to Honda they will raise the price and change the name to NASA Edition or something and charge more.
NASA edition, lol I like the way that sounds.

Reactions: wb1dby

·
Registered
84 Posts
I forgot to add this to my first impressions and remember it at various times of the day and then forget when I get home.

The $%^&* Emergency/parking brake!

It is right in the middle of the way, as if it doubles as a clutch pedal! Has anyone noticed this?

That was my initial impression too but now having driven the truck for a few days it is not a problem at all. The brake has never entered my mind when I get in or when I'm driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Had 45 minutes alone with an RTL-E today. That e-brake pedal sticks out like a sore thumb, I agree. But I had no trouble getting in and out of it multiple times.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That was my initial impression too but now having driven the truck for a few days it is not a problem at all. The brake has never entered my mind when I get in or when I'm driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Had 45 minutes alone with an RTL-E today. That e-brake pedal sticks out like a sore thumb, I agree. But I had no trouble getting in and out of it multiple times.
good. Is there rubber on the truck E brake pedals that you have sat in or own? The one I sat in looked bare. But I went by again today and it looks like a BE sitting there.... :surprise: Good thing I do not have substantial deposit at the moment!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts