Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 16 year old son totaled my 2006 Amazon Green RTL Sunday. The worst part (since he is ok) is that green is no longer available.

I have been unable to find a mocha or polished metal to look at. Everything around here is blue or cherry.

In real life, which color is closest to the Amazon Green: Mocha or Polished metal?

Also, does the black get swirl scratches easy? I don't want to spend my life polishing and waxing my Ridgeline. I keep my car inside, wash it every couple of weeks and watch where I park it but I don't want black to be a burden or source of stress.

Thanks so much for your help!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
My 16 year old son totaled my 2006 Amazon Green RTL Sunday. The worst part (since he is ok) is that green is no longer available.

I have been unable to find a mocha or polished metal to look at. Everything around here is blue or cherry.

In real life, which color is closest to the Amazon Green: Mocha or Polished metal?

Also, does the black get swirl scratches easy? I don't want to spend my life polishing and waxing my Ridgeline. I keep my car inside, wash it every couple of weeks and watch where I park it but I don't want black to be a burden or source of stress.

Thanks so much for your help!
Polished Metal

·
Registered
67 Posts
I used to have a Honda CRV in nighthawk black pearl. never really washed it, and never once had a machine to the paint other than when it was detailed right before I traded it. it didn't have a single swirl mark and the paint looked awesome.

my RL though, is one big swirl mark - I assume that means someone didnt do something properly? when it has a film of dust or it's shady it's not a big deal, but when it's clean and in the sun, you can see the swirl marks 30 feet away. :act051:

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E (Modern Steel Metallic), 2013 RTL (Dark Cherry Pearl)
1,574 Posts
We have an 07 Aberdeen Green Metallic RTS and love the hue on the truck. Also like the Steel blue which is gone..........but that's Honda.

Glad your son is OK!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a dark cherry replacement for my Amazon Green that was totaled. I know it is a totally different color but it was the only color I could begin to like.

My question is:
Does anyone have odds on chances that Honda will bring back a green in the 2011's?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a dark cherry replacement for my Amazon Green that was totaled. I know it is a totally different color but it was the only color I could begin to like.

My question is:
Does anyone have odds on chances that Honda will bring back a green in the 2011's?
Slim to none.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts