Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran across this on the FB International Honda Ridgeline page. Copy/Paste from that page.

I work at Planet Fitness and one of our members has an 06. Got to talking with him and was asking how many miles and how reliable his has been. He said he has 985,775 miles. I didn't believe him so he said "take my keys and see for yourself". I did and sure enough 985,775. All original parts just routine maintenance. Been from Columbus Ohio to Anchorage, Alaska 17x. I was blown away. He showed me his service records that he keeps in the truck and just regular maintenance. My mind was blown.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Obviously I can't disprove that but I don't believe it. 1 million miles over 10 years (120 months) means he did an average of 8333 miles per month, or 278 miles everyday. Possible but not believable (by me).

Excuse me, I rounded it up nearly 15K miles.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Obviously I can't disprove that but I don't believe it. 1 million miles over 10 years (120 months) means he did an average of 8333 miles per month, or 278 miles everyday. Possible but not believable (by me).

Easily believable! Especially if he runs a courier service or is a salesman on the road.

For one year I was racking up 300 miles a day when the wife drove 100 miles and I drove 200 miles a day for work. And for 2 years after I was still driving 200 miles a day
Our 08 Civic now has 251,568 miles, just went and checked the Odo, the 06 RL has 219,000 + miles.

The RL came out in April 2005 so it is probably an eleven year old vehicle.

Chisox drove a distance from work and back and sat idle when he was at work and the latest I could find his mileage was almost 400,000.

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/1131953-post1082.html

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Well crap. My plan was to keep mine until it dies & then get a new truck. Which I thought would be a couple more years with a little over 250K miles on my odometer now.

Now it looks like I'll be driving this ugly turd for awhile.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Well crap. My plan was to keep mine until it dies & then get a new truck. Which I thought would be a couple more years with a little over 250K miles on my odometer now.

Now it looks like I'll be driving this ugly turd for awhile.
After my engine replacement at 178,000 miles and having to get my money back on it I am in the same boat!! It's going to have to rust out and die!! :surprise:

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,592 Posts

It could easily be 11 years old... 90k/year... 7500 miles/month. That's a lot, I mean a LOT of driving. Doable, but I would love to know how.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,263 Posts
It could easily be 11 years old... 90k/year... 7500 miles/month. That's a lot, I mean a LOT of driving. Doable, but I would love to know how.
Well also don't forget, the most direct route from Columbus to Anchorage is just under 4K miles 1 way, 17 round trips and that's nearly 135k alone (which google maps says is 64 hrs of driving) and is not necessarily the easiest of routes, if you took an easier (more freeway less straight line) it could climb to 5-6k miles 1 way and possibly 200k of those miles of course now your talking about 1 year or maybe more of driving, of the 11+ years of ownership.

And I remember the articles about that Tundra, and it making the news here in So. Cal., so If he's really that close, I could easily see Honda doing something similar. Would be the perfect year for it with the new G2 RL out.

Here's a few links...

What Is a Million-Mile Toyota Tundra Worth? | Toyota

The Million-Mile 2007 Toyota Tundra

Here's What A Toyota Truck Looks Like After 1,000,000 Miles

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,048 Posts
Most certainly possible. I just don't know how this person couldn't be a forum member. There has to be some fanfare when he hits the million mile mark. There was a post a few months back that showed a guy with over 400k miles and I thought that was the new "high mileage king" after chisoxjim sold his last year. Apparently not. It would be awesome to see who this person is and if Honda would do a similar thing to what Toyota did with the Tundra guy.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,592 Posts
Well they better hurry. At the rate mileage is piling up on that RL, it'll hit 1,000,000 miles in less than 2 months!

Reactions: Sparkland

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,263 Posts
Most certainly possible. I just don't know how this person couldn't be a forum member. There has to be some fanfare when he hits the million mile mark. There was a post a few months back that showed a guy with over 400k miles and I thought that was the new "high mileage king" after chisoxjim sold his last year. Apparently not. It would be awesome to see who this person is and if Honda would do a similar thing to what Toyota did with the Tundra guy.
Well they better hurry. At the rate mileage is piling up on that RL, it'll hit 1,000,000 miles in less than 2 months!
If we can find him I'd buy him a "LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP"

Reactions: Sparkland
1 - 11 of 11 Posts