Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on the RL FB page this morning. Lots of miles on a 2006 and the lady owner says still going strong.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Is that 500k Kilometers (310k miles) or 500k miles? speedo is in kph. Either way its a lot, just curious.
:flyingace:q

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that 500k Kilometers (310k miles) or 500k miles? speedo is in kph. Either way its a lot, just curious.
:flyingace:q
Good point, looking at the speedometer, it would be KMH. Still a bunch of miles or kilometers any way you look at it.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
caught my attention - good eye catchin' the KM

310,000 is pretty good -

500,000 I would have tipped my hat -

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
caught my attention - good eye catchin' the KM

310,000 is pretty good -

500,000 I would have tipped my hat -
What was/is on your clock Jim.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,407 Posts
381,000 when I sold it -

I have no doubt its back on the road approaching 400k with a 2nd owner
If you can find the 2nd owner or know who you sold it to, we'd all really like them to join the ROC...

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Just curious,

Other the the routine maintenance items, what (if any) major items needed replacing during your ownership?

Thanks!
its been a bit -

from memory - other than fluids:

a bank of fuel injectors - bad tank of gas
new radiatior - OEM developed a small leak over time
Front CV boots - they were leaking

a couple sets of brakes, a few sets of tires. a battery.

I did the Timing belt at 120k & 240K, sold it at 381K

didnt have the water leak, or some of the other early 2006 problems -

looking back it seems like I pretty much changed the fluids when I was supposed to and replaced tires more than anything else - tires only due to all the miles driven.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
That's a great record for those many miles. Great job, I think you more than got your money's worth from that gem.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
its been a bit -

from memory - other than fluids:

Front CV boots - they were leaking

So did you have the dealer do the boots? Only the boots? Was that an expensive proposition, or do you recall? (it seems to me they'd have to remove the axles & disassemble the joints just to replace the boots)

I'm asking 'cause I'm getting some leaking as well & don't really want to pay several hundred dollars if I can avoid it. Thanks in advance......
:)

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
So did you have the dealer do the boots? Only the boots? Was that an expensive proposition, or do you recall? (it seems to me they'd have to remove the axles & disassemble the joints just to replace the boots)

I'm asking 'cause I'm getting some leaking as well & don't really want to pay several hundred dollars if I can avoid it. Thanks in advance......
:)
my memory on this isnt 100%. pretty sure they just replaced the front boots, not 100% sure - sorry I cant be of more help.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E in pewter pacific metallic
2,614 Posts
Leaky boot.....replaced left axle. $167.78 for new Honda left axle from Honda Parts Cheap and $99.95 to have it installed all about a year ago.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts