Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pictures of my installation of a set of Cloud Rider Grill Covers. I went for the black coated instead of the uncoated because I thought they would look better black against my green truck.

Now here are some before and after shots.

Attachments

·
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More before and afters.

These screws are self tapping and easily bite into the plastic coverings for these side vents.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Very Nice!! Good choice of color for your truck!

·
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Now for some installation tips. All I really needed was a single screw driver with a Philips head. I also found that an Allen Wrench (2.5mm, to be exact) can in handy for helping to get the clamps positioned properly on the bumper guard portions (as noted in the pictures)

Attachments

·
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Allen wrench also helped in wiggling these rubber 'well nuts' into place on the front grill insert.

Also, be careful when tightening the screws when installing the front grill insert. Those rubber well nuts will 'disappear'. They get squeezed out from the holes in the grill insert if you try to tighten the screws too much. The bottom pic is looking down from above.

Attachments

·
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THe only item that you have to remove is the plastic piece that is attached to the front grill area. It is held in place by plastic clips that are very easy to remove. You just use a flat head screw driver to pop up the center portion and pull the entire 2 piece clip out.

I have a lot more pics but I don't think they are all necessary to post. If anyone has any questions about the install, PM me or e mail and I will be happy to answer them.

Attachments

·
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is the Black Powder Coat Spectare Mesh without engine block heater kit. They have kits that have an extra hole in the upper bumper guard piece for plugging in an engine block heater. I don't really need one of those living here in Florida.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Congrats a great job and and a very good investment for protection of the AC Condensor,Trannie cooler,Power steering cooler and the Radiator (behind the others) from stone damage and insect plugging. As all these compontents are an expensive to replace or repair. "Preventive Maintenance"
zero said:
Here are some pictures of my installation of a set of Cloud Rider Grill Covers. I went for the black coated instead of the uncoated because I thought they would look better black against my green truck.

Now here are some before and after shots.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
zero said:
It is the Black Powder Coat Spectare Mesh without engine block heater kit. They have kits that have an extra hole in the upper bumper guard piece for plugging in an engine block heater. I don't really need one of those living here in Florida.
Nor would I in GA. I just don't want to get one that requires drilling. ;)Does it look like it will protect the condenser, etc?

·
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know that there were some initial concerns about engine temp and restriction of airflow beacuse of grill covers like these. I know where my engine temp needle usually sits and it was unchanged today in normal everyday driving. I will kepp an eye on it especially if I have a heavy payload or actually tow something.

Supposedly the Spectare Mesh kit has the most 'metal reduction' of all the kits, if I recall info from the Cloud Rider site correctly.

·
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No drilling required with this kit.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Temperature. That was my next question after condenser protection. :p I think Karen said the Breeze was also less restrictive along with the Spectare. According to their site, the Spectare requires drilling and the Breeze does not. :confused:

·
Registered
274 Posts
I can speak from years of experience on cooler protection. Have had thier screen fronts on a Chevy 3/4 ton (does hard work towing Bobcats & attachments) and on a CR-V for years with no ill effects on temperature. The biggest problem will occur when you have no cooler protection as the fins get bent over or plugged with insects which restricts the air flow and that poor old radiator is behind the 3 others. So no matter the product protect the coolers. The ones that make and sell us the vehicles just love to sell parts and labour, so my thanks to the after market products.
arteegee said:
Temperature. That was my next question after condenser protection. :p I think Karen said the Breeze was also less restrictive along with the Spectare. According to their site, the Spectare requires drilling and the Breeze does not. :confused:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Nice job with the pix and how-to Zero! I also like the look of the brush guard. Very nice indeed!!

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Nice job, zero. Your truck looks great. You've got me thinking about this kit.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts