Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pretty sure I've got a Ridgeline made before the windshield modifications - although I don't have any wind noise. Mine was produced in mid to late April.

My VIN is 1 6 5 number number letter 5 1 3 number number number. Do you think mine was made before the modifications?

As an aside I got a call from Honda in Canada asking me how I liked my Truck. The number to call is 800-999-1009 x 220710 if you want to give them some feedback.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Ted, I posted info on VIN breakdowns in the past, and I believe I there's another post on the VIN before/after windshield problems. Have you tried a search for the posts?

I also spoke to Candace this week at the same # you posted, explaining to her problems I had with my leak. It seemed pretty generic but she did say to call if there were any other problems/concerns.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Two facts to ponder.

Canadian VINs are a different series than USA VINs so the numbers don't cross-correlate.

Just because you have a VIN in the "affected zone" doesn't mean you will have problems.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Meanmachine19/Kevin,

I couldn't find the thread on Vin # after searching. Still clueless, Ted

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
tedridge said:
Meanmachine19/Kevin,

I couldn't find the thread on Vin # after searching. Still clueless, Ted
Any number below 516000 as the final 6 digits could potentially be affected by the old manufacturing method. I would have to believe based on the age of your vehicle it would have been the old method not the new one.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Capt. for the clarification. It appears by my VIN that my truck was made before modifications. Either I lucked out by not having wind noise or my hearing going.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts