Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Have an 06 with only 68k miles. Lately started hearing a muffled clunking or creaking (spelling?) noise coming from underneath the truck, while turning or going over small bumps, or both.

With the door open, I'll stand on the door sill and hop up & down rocking the truck from side to side. I hear it very well.

Any ideas what or where to start looking?

Thanks!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Hey all,

Have an 06 with only 68k miles. Lately started hearing a muffled clunking or creaking (spelling?) noise coming from underneath the truck, while turning or going over small bumps, or both.

With the door open, I'll stand on the door sill and hop up & down rocking the truck from side to side. I hear it very well.

Any ideas what or where to start looking?

Thanks!
It could be the stabilizer bar end link/links (front and back). These four links were updated around '09, to a beefier design.

If your mechanic finds one broken, replace all four with the new style.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Had a 2010 RL with similar issue coming from the front. While it was under warranty, dealer replaced a front strut assembly, problem solved. Dealer said it was just a defective noisy front strut. Maybe you have the same issue.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,345 Posts
Check to make sure your washer fluid reservoir is anchored as most came from the factory without the plastic mounting plug.

Moving on, replace the front sway bar bushings and endlinks. These are inexpensive parts and relatively easy to replace.

Struts would be the last thing if the above doesn't solve it.

This is a common problem. Do some searching and you will find plenty of info on the subject.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts