Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been chasing a clunk in the rear for the past few days. I've checked all the stabilizer links, and struts for leakage, but I can not find it. I have not ruled out a strut, but bouncing on the rear, I cannot produce the same same sound.
I am suspect of the trunk lid. I noticed today that the lid does have some play in it when shut. That, combined with an empty trunk could be the culprit, just not sure. I am going to try to move the latch further down tomorrow, and maybe add some foam of weatherstrip to the lid to see if this corrects the issue. I wonder if most of these complaints of a clunk or rattle are caused by this. Anyone else have this issue with lid? Has anyone successfully tightened it up?

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Try strapping it opened before you start changing things..... in case it is NOT the lid.
You could still have a bad end link, even if it is not obvious.
'Could also be the bump stop in your shock.... much less expensive than the shock itself, and had been reported by others here as a cause of 'clunk'..... especially in cold weather for some reason.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,595 Posts
I had a low speed clunk on our Pilot. A hand check of the stab links was good. But it turned out to be a slight amount of play in one of the front stab links that was the culprit which was found when a mechanic used a pry bar to check the links. I thought a hand check was good enough with the wheels off the ground... but not so.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
My vote for rear bump stops...

J

1 - 4 of 4 Posts