Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I done this to a few trucks now and some of you may know about it, but one of the best things I’ve figured out is the cluster from a 2009-2012 (unsure about 13-14 but I feel it would also work) is plug and play into the 06-08 trucks. This give you things like fuel mileage, consumption, and range, also, in my opinion, it looks ALOT better and way more modern. If you’re going to do this the main 2 things you’ll need are the cluster and the main dash pad that goes over it, the 2009-2012 also have different knobs which look better and feel better. One thing I’m missing from my trucks is the steering wheel and the gear selector knob, mostly because I forgot and didn’t have a spare newer wheel with radio controls to use. This mod take like 10 minutes to do and really why wouldn’t you?

I got my first one from the 2010 I scrapped but I also have a spare I got from a junkyard that had a 2009.

Things to note, make sure you use the correct climate controls, dual won’t plug and play with normal but the knobs are stwitch-able, I done this because the controls in the 2010 were non dual climate and the truck it was going in had dual, it’s not to hard to change these knobs but you may have some trouble.

Here’s the list of things you’ll want to take from the donor truck

1. The gauge cluster
2. The dash pad
3. The buttons and place holders that go around the cluster, into the dash pad. Like VTM lock, dimmer and sunroof
4. Climate controls
5. Headlight switch
6. Radio knob (different between Navi and non Navi)

And for full affect

7. Gear selector knob
8. Steering wheel

After with the cluster/pad/knobs installed

Before, the truck is a 07 RTL

2010 knobs

2007 knobs

Here’s a pic of the cluster and dashpad I got from the 2009

Also I know I’ll get this question, what about mileage? The mileage is stored in the cluster, so you will either need to find a truck with close mileage and change it when you get there, or find someone local that programs gauge clusters and get them to match your mileage, sounds sketchy but there are people out there that do this, and you won’t be rolling the mileage back, you’ll just be matching it.

Fell free to ask any questions in the comments and I’ll get back to you

·
Registered
6 Posts
I thought I heard you could do this. It looks much better. Are you getting any warning lights now that weren't on before. Was reading the airbag lights might come on. Are all the extra functions working? I'm looking at doing this but not if warning lights pop up. They annoy me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you may get a DRL light, I always have lots of lights on in my cluster because I have the fuse out to disable ABS/TCS. No airbag light tho

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,496 Posts
One thing to be wary of is that the RT's and Sports don't have an outside temperature readout on the gauge cluster. If you have those things on your pre 09 vehicle you will want to make sure the donor truck is an RTS, RTL (this is for the US, don't know about trims in Canada?) If you have a pre 09 without the Temp display, I'm not sure if a gauge cluster from vehicle with the Temp display will actually get you that feature. I do believe that all models have and use the temp sensor for the AC system regardless of whether or not they display the temp on the dash . . .
I think that you will also need to be careful with navigation models including Special Edition donor vehicles since they display additional info in the instrument cluster.

Now what I would really be interested in is all the parts needed to upgrade my 14 Sport to automatic climate control. . . .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts