Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I drove to the store and parked my Ridge' as I normally do. Before exiting the doors, i noticed the door locks would not open automatically as they normally would when shifting into Park. I ignored it, manually unlocked my door, got out closed the door and set the alarm. After shopping for a bit I unlocked the Ridge' and loaded all of my stuff, finally started the engine, pressed the brake medal, and tried to engage into drive. Nothing happened so I tried it again, then I shut the engine off and just turned the ignition to on but without starting the engine and tried to shift but nothing happened. Then I started pocking around and noticed the Cluster wasnt functioning, then the windows wouldnt roll down, and the A/C was blowing same temperature air. . Since I was unable to get the truck into gear i couldnt get home.

Next step, i started opening up the fuse boxes, one under the hood and the other near my left foot under instrument panel. It was hard to see without a flash light and I didnt have a tester, so I called Roadside to get a TOW home. The tow guy was able to pull the cable pin directly from the tranny to shift gears into drive so I could get home. (You dont ahve to pull the pin to shift gears, there is a little door about the size of a penny on the top of the steering column that allows you to manually shift from park into any gear, so that you have full control of the vehicle and are able to shift without rigging the dang thing.)

After getting home, I wipped out my volt meter and flash light and started poking around at the fuses, I came across a 7.5 amp fuse located on the second row and 3rd from the back near your left foot under the instrument panel, near the emergency brake pad. I replaced it with the exact same 7.5 AMP fuse and everything worked normally. I have full power to the whole truck and now I can operate normally.

The check engine light was on, so i read the code and found a U0155. Network link between instrument cluster. I cleared the code and nothing came back.

LONG STORY SHORT and TIP. Cluster goes out, can't shift into drive, windows won't roll down, A/C blows regular air and not cold air, BLOWN FUSE..... Bring a volt meter, flash light and needle nose pliers. THEN CALL TOW IF ALL ELSE FAILS.....oh and a box of fuses.

I will post pics later to show which fise it was.
:act060:

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Wow! thanks for the heads up! Thats weird that a little 7.5 amp fuse controls all that! What does the fuse box cover mark it as?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I had something very similar happen, except I could shift. But the door locks stopped unlocking, backlighting disappeared on the HVAC, turn signal indicators wouldn't work (even though the exterior lights themselves worked fine.) Tried checking the fuse you mentioned, but all looked good. What I finally discovered is that when I pulled the instrument cluster to route a Bluetooth mic I had dislodged the connector at the top right of the cluster. Pushed it back in, everything works!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.