Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new owner of a 2019 RTL, and I'm kicking myself for settling with the 5" Color display.
The 8" touchscreen Display Audio was available on the RTL-E, and oh how I regret not going that way.
The Color display sucks. Barely any voice recognition, except to make a call, and even then, limited to names already "tagged" in the system.
I don't even want to know what I'm missing out on the Display Audio.
But if anyone has deeper knowledge of the Color Display, and can advise or point me toward more options, better utility of the system, please share.

·
Super Moderator
1,871 Posts
Nope, nothing to share. Like someone mentioned in another post it's basically the Civic radio from 2000.

Steve

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,809 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
For what you get with the 8” display for the upper trims and for what Honda/Acura interface is known for, you aren’t missing much.

I opted for the base radio and saved a bunch of money hahaha I calculated I can always get an aftermarket head unit that can meet or exceed what Honda currently offers.

So far the base unit has kept me happy. I don’t have to deal with finger print issues/glare, slow response/the no knobs and map updates.

And when the day comes of being tired of the oem head unit I can upgrade to newest tech available. Remember current 8” display is already old technology...won’t get revamped till third gen Ridgeline.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts