Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else notice that there's some green lights on the outside half of the tachometer on the left and temp/fuel on the right that changes colors as you accelerate (have seen bright green, light green, light purple/blue). Makes me wonder if the color is based on fuel economy or something.

Anyways, thought it was interesting. Had my BE for 4 months and just noticed it today. I have a BE, but perhaps it's standard.

· Registered
926 Posts
I have to admit it took me a few weeks to notice this as well.

It is in fact a means of the vehicle watching your throttle inputs for efficiency.

· Registered
926 Posts
Yeah because everyone sits around and reads the owners manual.

Reactions: ReconGhost

· Registered
70 Posts
Yeah because everyone sits around and reads the owners manual.
I wasn't trying to be snarky, just pointing out where one could find a little more information. Here's a nearly identical thread to this one with an informative reply from zroger. There is also the hypothesis that you can watch it to tell when VCM engages.

· Registered
105 Posts
Speaking of lights - has anyone used one of those ever so elegant blank switch positions on the lower left dash (non E or BL trimed Ridgelines) to wire up switchable as well as affordable 'ambient' foot well lighting?
If yes or thinking about doing it - what would you do? Those unused switch positions look cheezy.

· Registered
153 Posts
Has anyone figured out how to disable it?
On my 2017 Accord EX-L, I can go to settings and then instrument panel and then ambient meter (or something like that) and turn it off. Apparently, you can't turn it off in the Ridgeline since there is no setting anywhere for it. I saw where zroger said it could be turned off in another thread. I asked in the thread and sent a message asking how to do it, but never got a response.

· Registered
962 Posts
I saw where zroger said it could be turned off in another thread. I asked in the thread and sent a message asking how to do it, but never got a response.
Unfortunatly ZRoger probably will not visit here anymore.:frown:
He also has tired of Honda's lack of customer service.

· Registered
926 Posts
Unfortunatly ZRoger probably will not visit here anymore.:frown:
He also has tired of Honda's lack of customer service.
I think he got tired of too many people modifying their Ridgelines, or using non Honda parts on them, lol. Sorry, couldn't resist.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.