Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of you Ridgeline owners in Colorado, what tires have you found are the best fit for daily commuting in the snow we have around here? I just bought an '06 RT 2 months ago that still has the original Michelin's on it. I'm wanting to replace them before next winter. I'm a fan of the Bridgestone A/T Revos, having used them for several years on my previous truck, a '99 Ranger. While they were awesome in the snow, they didn't have very good treadlife.

I'm seriously considering the Firestone Destination A/T's. Per tirerack.com, they are ranked as high or higher than the Revo's in every category, but they have a longer treadlife rating and are more affordable.

I'm also open to going with an all season highway tire since I don't get off road very often. I'm liking the original Michelins (pretty expensive though), the General Grabbers, and the Goodyear Triple Treads.

Anyone have experience with any of these tires on their Ridgelines?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have some sumitomo a/t's and they work just great. granted they are on 20 inch wheels and run about $150 to $180 a tire, with the ridge traction control its hard to go wrong.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I just bought some General Grabber HTS tires in a 275/60R17 , but I was living in Louisiana at the time and didn't know we were moving to CO. However, according to Consumer Reports the HTS is the highest rated all season tire. The OEM Michelins do get better snow and ice braking ratings (highest rated all season tire for ice and snow braking) but significantly worse ratings for wet braking, dry braking and handling. I guess it's a trade-off. The HTS tires are much cheaper as well. The all terrain tires that they have tested get decent ratings for snow, but poor ratings for ice, so it seems as if the only real benefit would be mud. The handling is only average and the tread life is sub-par. The leading all terrrain tire is the Pirelli Scorpion ATR followed by the Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
OEM!!!!!! Black Ice, Deep Snow, Wet Snow, Light Snow any of the above other type of snow/sleet/rain you can think of OEM tires kick butt on. I work in a critical career field and so does my wife so even when it snows deep enough to close the hospitals and military bases in town, we have to be to work. I have yet to find a situation that has put these tires to shame. Every snow and ice storm last year they performed flawlessly. Oh and some people have reported 60K+ miles on their OEM tires. I am coming on 50K and might need to replace at least two by 55K+ hopefully I will get 60K. They do pretty well on the local fishing dirt roads too. I have a thread in the tires section about how great these OEM tires are. I can't use the search function at work, something about a VPN, otherwise I would find it and put a link in here for you. Seriously though, The Michellin LTX M/S are great tires.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback. I've decided to go with the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's. I've had great luck with them in the past on my old Ranger and was consistently impressed with their capabilities in the snow and ice. I like to take my truck off-road occasionally for camping/fishing/hunting trips, and I would feel more confident having A/T tires as opposed to all season highway tires. I agree with the previous poster's assessment of the OEM Michelins. Mine have 51,000 on them and performed very well this past winter, although on ice they were a little scary. I think that's just due to the tires nearing the end of their useful lifespan.

·
Registered
159 Posts
How do you like your Revo's sofar?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts