Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I have a Retrax if you're interested in checking one out to see if it fits your requirements. I'm around Union & Woodmen.

Yes it does block the trunk from fully opening, but that doesn't appear to bother me.

Though with just about any tonneau you'll have the occasional problem where the cover freezes to the tailgate -- keep that in mind!

Roak

·
Super Moderator
22,671 Posts
Just remember....by the time you get to the tundra zone (with no vegetation) you will be in low gear and your truck will be DRAGGING....

Likewise coming down the mountain you will be in low gear trying to save your brakes from wearing out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Looking around the 'net for some info on the PP grade, I came across this link that seems to pretty well describe it... and bicyclists will really identify with it:
http://www.bicycling.com/ride-maps/featured-rides/extremely-long-and-incredibly-close?page=0,0

:act018:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the Honda hard tonneau and it works great. That said, I personally have no use for it but my wife likes having it on in the winter. I'd like to sell it - let me see if she's willing. :)
Does it restrict the trunk opening range like most of the others I've seen?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a Retrax if you're interested in checking one out to see if it fits your requirements. I'm around Union & Woodmen.

Yes it does block the trunk from fully opening, but that doesn't appear to bother me.

Though with just about any tonneau you'll have the occasional problem where the cover freezes to the tailgate -- keep that in mind!

Roak
Thanks, I did not consider the freezing factor but it certainly makes sense that would happen. Especially since mine sleeps outside 99% of the time!

·
Registered
526 Posts
41 - 46 of 46 Posts