Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Colorado Springs, Colorado

20K views 45 replies 26 participants last post by  wa2be 
#1 · (Edited)
So I've been seeing a few Ridgelines out there (but not many) as well as a few CS folks here on the board. Where are you located as well as what are you driving?

I live near Woodmen and Union and work at Hewlett Packard (behind Pro Rodeo), so I frequent the North CS area, from Academy and I25 down to Academy and Woodmen East to Woodmen and Powers.

Silver RTS without anything fancy on it except a Retrax tonneau cover. Colorado 153 EUJ. Working on a SCUBA-releated vanity plate.

Roak

#2 ·
I live up in the woodmore / monument area, work at verizonbusiness,,and drive a silver rtl with nav. been way to cold and we have to much snow,,,,heading down to mexico next week,,gotta warm these old bones of mine. I gotta mention just how well these damn trucks handle in the snow. It keeps amazing me. I do turn off the steering control system when i drive in it as some spinning of the tires is almost necessary in this stuff. Love the truck

#3 ·
Front Range Honda's new owner's night

Went to Front Range Honda’s “New owner’s night” last night. It’s of course a sales pitch for the maintenance department, but being an engineer seeing them set off an airbag and seatbelt (didn’t know there were explosives in the seat belt mechanism as well) was well worth the price of admission (free :)).

Some of it was interesting, some boring, but they covered their stuff well and the only suggestion I gave them was to get two boom boxes and an FM wireless mic to cover all the tables. The tables were setup very long and wide, so if you were at the ends you couldn’t hear anything and if you were sitting in the middle you were constantly being shouted at so the people at the ends could hopefully hear. The woman who was MC was VERY good at shouting, as well as having an extremely shrill voice, which became literally painful to listen to by the end of the evening. Being able to talk normally with an FM mic setup would have fixed that.

Anyways, enough whining on my part… I enjoyed it overall, and walked away with a Honda Racing hat and a Ridgeline T shirt as door prizes! We’ll try ‘em out for my first oil change and see how they do. They use Mobil (not Mobil 1) oil.

Any other ROC members there last night?

Roak

#5 ·
I just moved to The Springs area from San Diego - yes I'm a Cali implant. We moved into Woodland Park and I have to say I love it up here! SNOW SNOW SNOW! and I have to agree this truck handles the snow with grace. I drove Rampart Range road from one end to the other a couple of weekends ago with 6 " of fresh snow on the already snow-covered road base and had no issues at all. What a blast!

I drive a Redroc with a Charger sticker in the back window and Cali plates still. Ill change out the plates but the sticker stays!

Gropler

#7 ·
You'd better be careful with that Charger sticker- you're in Bronco country now. I'm a former resident of Denver now living in Central Virginia. You should have heard the local press (pro-Redskins) blast the Chargers' decision to hire Norv Turner. Based on his track record, us Bronco fans couldn't be happier with the decision. By the way- you live in a beautiful part of the world- never take it for granted!! Enjoy.

#6 · (Edited)
If you live in Woodland Park be careful about your tire pressure... Front Range asked me where I lived when they walked me through the vehicle after the sale. If you adjust your tire pressure at home (WP) then drive down here to the 'springs and you have the right alignment of temps, you can get a low pressure indicator when there's nothing wrong. They recommend a couple PSI higher than normal if you check your TP in WP.

Roak

#12 ·
I was stationed out there in the early 90's and loved it? and miss it.

Anyway, if you fill your tires with nitrogen the tire pressure issues go away most tire houses will fill you up for free if bought them there or you act like you will buy in the future. . otherwise it doesnt cost much.

#8 ·
Thanks all! Particularly for the Tire Pressure warning! Ill keep an eye on it.

I wasn't too happy with the Norv Turner hiring myself - we should have kept Cam Cameron or Wade Phillips instead! Its all on Spanos! Anyway, a little change will be good so long as they can return just as strong. As for moving to Denver territory, Denver is a great team but Ill always support the Chargers first!

Gropler

#9 ·
Watch and see what happens as you catch the fever. I was a diehard Eagles fan before moving to the Mile High City in the early 80's. Then #7 decided he didn't want to play for Baltimore and the rest is history. The Broncos are a religion along the front range. Give it time. You'll get hooked.

#11 ·
My Ridgeline is now recognizable. Got some dive stickers on both sides of the back window, but the sticker that stands out the most is the “unicycle.com” sticker on the driver’s side rear window. Can’t be many of those around :)

If you see me, gimme a honk!

Roak

#18 · (Edited)
Mark Shuffle and Constitution area. I tried to put together a "Colorado Meet" and no one worte back about wanting to do it. I know it was over the Thanksgiving holiday but thought people would like to take a drive up to the mountains. Maybe I can get a Springs meet going on down at Garden of the Gods Saturday the 6th of Dec? Drive around eat some lunch at the Trading Post...? Oh I have lived in the springs from '93 and I am still a die hard NY Giants fan!!!

Oh yeah I saw a Aberdeen green/ Amazon green Ridgeline driving down from Woodland Park on Friday we passed eachother a few times and you finaly turned on to the I, was that any one on the fourm? Your truck looked good with the Roof Rack!

#20 ·
On my way back to CS from Iraq right now. can't remember seeing too many ridgelines in town, but if you see mine, it's semi unique. Best thing to look for is the ridgelineownersclub.com sticker in the back window, along with a triumph one and a Rooster Teeth sticker in the center.

See yall in traffic!

Mike

#22 ·
I live near N. Carefree and Peterson, sporting a gray 2007 RTL. Out at SAFB the other day I saw three Ridgelines within two rows of the parking lot so I know there must be quite a few owners here in town!

#26 ·
I'm visiting Colorado this week and was down at Peterson AFB yesterday. I saw a silver RL with roof rack and BakFlip tonneau cover at the base fitness center. Anyone know who it was?

My wife and I are doing a week of skiing up at Keystone. I've seen several RL's since we arrived on Sunday. I even saw one in the parking garage of the condo we're staying at, although that one didn't have a ROC sticker.

#27 · (Edited)
Saw a new Ridgeline in the parking lot at work today. Silver with black stripes on both rear quarter panels that say "Honda" then underneath "Ridgeline" or possible "Racing" in cursive write going up at an angle. Looked awesome and it is about time we have another Ridgeline up at the mountain! If you just moved here WELCOME!!! If your just new at work WELCOME!!

*No ROC sticker, so I am just assuming that this person is a member.

#32 · (Edited)
Great page. I live in Florissant CO Just bought a 99 Ridgeline in Nevada. Wintering in Needles CA heading home to CO this weekend. Thanks for the info on tire pressure. Would love to buy a ROC sticker, any help. Seen a silver Ridgeline in Woodland Park. The last snow I did get stuck in my driveway. Switched on the 4 wheel drive system and just cruised out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.