Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More info coming out about the diesel option:

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/07/28/2016-chevy-colorado-duramax-diesel-181-hp-369-torque-price/

Some class exclusives on this truck:

The Z82 trailering package also arrives on all of the Duramax pickups and includes an exclusive integrated trailer brake controller.
There's also a driver selectable exhaust brake system that uses engine compression to help slow down the truck and reduce brake wear.
Looks like a good value for the extra $3730.

Chip H.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Yep, just reading about it and sounds impressive but I looked at one (not Diesel ) and really did not like some things, drives like the truck that it is, and for an extra $3800.00 for the diesel and on the Z body that thing will be north of $40,000..

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, just reading about it and sounds impressive but I looked at one (not Diesel ) and really did not like some things, drives like the truck that it is, and for an extra $3800.00 for the diesel and on the Z body that thing will be north of $40,000..
The puzzling thing to me is that it's only available in the crew-cab model (not the 2-door or extended cab). And not available in their work-truck trim level (I would have thought this to be a natural fit for fleet buyers)

Chip H.

·
Registered
244 Posts
MPG Canyon and Colorado diesel

GM stated today that it has certificate of conformity from EPA and also released the EPA mpg.

For 4WD-
20 city
29 highway
23 combined

And for 2WD 22 city, 31 highway and 25 combined.

The EPA has certified the diesel-powered versions of the Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon at 31 mpg highway -- the highest rating of any truck, big or small, gasoline or diesel -- sold in the U.S.

The two midsize GM pickups edge past the Ram EcoDiesel, which is EPA-rated at 29 mpg on the highway.

Ford’s most fuel-efficient F-150 is powered by a 2.7-liter gasoline V-6 and carries an EPA rating of 26 mpg highway.

The 31 mpg puts the GM twins well ahead of the midsize Toyota Tacoma and Nissan Frontier, which are not available with diesel engines.

GM is pressing on with its plan to add diesel engines to its lineup, despite the Volkswagen diesel emissions scandal, which has caused regulators all over the world to give diesel-powered vehicles extra scrutiny.

Earlier today, GM's product development chief, Mark Reuss, said Chevrolet will launch the next version of the Chevrolet Cruze diesel on schedule for the 2017 model year.

In a statement today, GM said that the EPA issued not only the fuel economy ratings but a certificate of conformity stating the agency has no issues or concerns about the emissions systems in both trucks.

The Colorado and Canyon are powered by a 2.8-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine. They go on sale before the end of the year with prices for diesel models adding about $3,700 over V-6, gasoline-powered trucks.

The official EPA rating for Colorado and Canyon is 22 city/31 highway and 25 combined.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,392 Posts
OK, so say it's $3800, I'd say it's a great value. Diesel's typically hold value longer and higher, and with the tow ratings that's great value there too.

Now if it was just more the cabin size of the RL, to me it's still just too cramped.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Maybe Edge or Bully Dog will come out with a VW tune that adds 5 plus mpgs.
This is the most exciting part about the GM diesel option IMO. Tuning with EFI Live and Hp tuners has already began and they've got the truck putting down 190-210hp and 420-460ft lbs to the wheels on a dyno with nothing more than a tune. I'll take 500ft lbs engine and close to 30mpg hwy any day.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
This is the most exciting part about the GM diesel option IMO. Tuning with EFI Live and Hp tuners has already began and they've got the truck putting down 190-210hp and 420-460ft lbs to the wheels on a dyno with nothing more than a tune. I'll take 500ft lbs engine and close to 30mpg hwy and day.
Some impressive numbers right there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts