Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can see why some say the Ridgeline LOOKS like the Avalanche with the rear aft slopes and maybe the wheel well design but the rest is not really that close. I wanted to post all the trucks side by side to see and hear some other opinions. ( The Subaru is out of the question )

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
People tell me that it’s weird looking or looks like the Baja or Avalanche. Really, how many variations on the basic pickup can there be? It’s bigger than the Baja and smaller than the Avalanche, all three have integrated beds and you’re getting a Honda. If it looks like either I would say the Chevy. As far as looks go the beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Innovation always comes with scoffers. I’ve read about a time when the military KNEW there would never be any use for airplanes. Well, those first aircraft were pretty strange looking and came with a lot of resistance. Finally, I’ve spoken with other pickup drivers that laugh at the Ridgeline’s looks and after seeing their wives/girlfriends I’m lead to question their ability to judge looks at all.
Did I just write that?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well as far as I'm concerned, the Ridgeline is hands down the best looking truck of those posted here.

It certainly is better looking than the avalanche to which it seems it is constantly being compared.

I do like the look of a roof rack but don't really care for Honda's. I don't like all the plastic pieces but I guess they're all like that. Don't think I can afford to have a machine shop fabricate one tho so guess I'll be stuck with all the plastic if I decide to get one.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
ridgeman said:
I do like the look of a roof rack but don't really care for Honda's. I don't like all the plastic pieces but I guess they're all like that. Don't think I can afford to have a machine shop fabricate one tho so guess I'll be stuck with all the plastic if I decide to get one.
You could wait a couple of months and see what Thule and Yakima come up with. But as far as racks go this is a pretty nice one, its not as restrictive as other Honda racks I have had in the past.

I believe someone posted that Thule built this for Honda.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Chinook Salmon look really good on my BBQ. ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Oh Yeah,

CH-47 fun bird to fly in. Reminded me of an old descriptive joke told to me by an old Army aviator.

"Two palm trees having thier way with a Dumpster!" (Cleaned up for public consumption)

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's obvious that there is one similarity. Yeah the outline rear cab area looks something like the the avalanche or escalade. So what? Every truck in the past 60 years has looked similar to eachother. Why aren't you pointing fingers at that? A Ford duallie looks like a Chevy duallie...uh oh.

But I'll ask any GM owner or any other truck owner this. Who built the better truck? I didn't say bigger truck, I said better truck. Apples and oranges you say...then why even bring up the comparison of similarities in looks, when it's engineering underneath a vehicle that counts. :D Because all you have to do is look at how the Ridgline is built from the chassis up and common sense (in addition to government crash test ratings) will tell you who bulit the better truck. In addition you will see that Ridgeline DNA has nothing to do with the Avalanche or Escalade's. Thankfully.

Now a days every truck manufacturer is making a four door pick-up in there line. Now tell me which four door pick up was the first to pass with a five star crash rating. The rest of the truck manufacturers have had plenty of time to perfect there designs for saftey. Why haven't they? What year did the first Avalanche and Escalade roll off the assembly floor? This was Honda's first truck to be produced for the U.S. masses. It's not an rock crawler, nor heavy duty hauler. It's a midsize SUT, and even at midsize, it's the safest, most reliable SUT on the market. :D

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess my reason or point of posting it was that the Ridgeline is such a different looking truck they had nothing to compare it to so they picked the Avalanche just because of the PLASTIC rear aft sides. The Avalanche is 2 feet longer and 1/2 a foot wider and the subaru is 3 foot shorter and 2 foot thinner.

Subaru - Small size or mini
Ridgeline - Midsize
Avalanche - Full size

I guess I just dont get the comparison they make :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
They are also significantly taller. I was behind one this morning that had a #48 sticker on the bumper. Made me wish I had a real brush bar on the front. :)

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
shovelhd said:
They are also significantly taller. I was behind one this morning that had a #48 sticker on the bumper. Made me wish I had a real brush bar on the front. :)
Can you say bump-draft? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
112 Posts
bellteck said:
And I cant even see any comparison between any other Honda made automobiles.
The only important similairity is the "H" on the front end.

By the way, ya gott love the way the Element looks completly out of place in the picture !!!!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dnucci said:
The only important similairity is the "H" on the front end.

By the way, ya gott love the way the Element looks completly out of place in the picture !!!!

I know, it doesnt even come in white :eek:

·
Registered
24 Posts
How did my precious Chinook get involved in the looks discussion? How do you make a vehicle with 50,000 pounds gross, vertical lifting capability pretty? Now I’ll have to divulge that I drove Cobra’s for a spell as well since we all know that helo is cool. Boy that was good duty out of Fort Ord, Calif. Laguna Seca was just over the hill; I could hear the cars on the track from my quarters, had a 911 in the carport and enjoyed the Vintage Races. But I digress, sorry. While looking on Edmund’s I noticed that when you select compare vehicles the Ridgeline goes up against the Silverado 1500, Titan, F-150 and the Tundra. No mention of those we have pictured here. By the way, while I was deployed overseas my ’97 Quest died and my wife had to get a new car on her own. She did a lot of research and picked a black ’03 Pilot. When she wrote me about it I was freaked because I thought Element and knew nothing of the Pilot... I’m better now. That is how we came to love Hondas and why I am ready to pull the trigger on a silver RTL with Nav. I just have to get back from another short little trip overseas.

·
Registered
112 Posts
RangerAV8R,

Just a quick story. While I was in college at the Univ. of Delaware, I saw a Chinook lifting a smokestack into place at the Chrysler plant across from the football field. This was a BIG smokestack!! I was probably 800 yards away, but you could feel the compression waves from the blades and the sound was amazing. Something I will probably never forget.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
The Chinook is an awesome aircraft. The only thing that trumps it for sheer awesomeness is that big Russion M-something single rotor helo. Have a safe trip overseas.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts