Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

121 - 139 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Another feature mine came with - a fairly high monthly bill every month

Not sure why they don't give these things away, than they would be really popular.

Now that's a marketing strategy I could get behind.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is that a monthly services bill for all of the gadgets in it? Is there a charge for things like the apps, Pandora app, or data services on this vehicle?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Good. I'm not a big fan of monthly subscription fees. Does GM have a monthly subscription fee for the vehicle Wi-fi in the Colorado/Canyon? That will be one of the comparisons that I'll make before I buy, probably a 2017.5 or 2018 model.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Good. I'm not a big fan of monthly subscription fees. Does GM have a monthly subscription fee for the vehicle Wi-fi in the Colorado/Canyon? That will be one of the comparisons that I'll make before I buy, probably a 2017.5 or 2018 model.
the onstar has a fee after the free period.

·
Super Moderator
12,330 Posts
Many GM vehicles have a built-in 4G LTE cellular radio that provides a Wi-Fi connection for your devices. The vehicle itself becomes the hot spot. This way, the vehicle doesn't need to tether an Internet connection from your smartphone, etc. for some of the built-in apps. However, you need to buy an additional data plan through OnStar, which is expensive.

Some Honda models (currently the Civic, Accord, Pilot, and Ridgeline) are capable of accessing external Wi-Fi networks (your smartphone's Wi-Fi hotspot, home network, hotel, etc.) for limited uses.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Some Honda models (currently the Civic, Accord, Pilot, and Ridgeline) are capable of accessing external Wi-Fi networks (your smartphone's Wi-Fi hotspot, home network, hotel, etc.) for limited uses.
That is a HUGE benefit here on long island. Optimum online has hot spots all over the place and they even extend as far as Yonkers. Google maps would kick garmins butt as far as maps and directions are concerned.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Is that a monthly services bill for all of the gadgets in it? Is there a charge for things like the apps, Pandora app, or data services on this vehicle?
There are no monthly fees...he's referring to his monthly car payment...

Sorry about that, I'm just a smart ass at heart - Yes I am referring to my car payment>:)

·
Super Moderator
12,330 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Man...1st time I am a passenger in my RL..and boy !! did they ever rape the USA models !!

check out the full feature center climate control for the rear passengers !!!!!

You guys dodn't even have this with the TOP TRIM BE ?? DAMN !!! :surprise::surprise:

It listed as tri-climate for US top trims...but the passengers have to relied on the drivers ???...not Canadian trims !!!
~~~~~

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
Not only is the cute orange side indicator light missing from the side view mirrors but in the styrofoam tool case, there is space where they apparently removed the ice pick tool to get in the gas tank of the Canadian Ridgelines.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Man...1st time I am a passenger in my RL..and boy !! did they ever rape the USA models !!

You guys dodn't even have this with the TOP TRIM BE ?? DAMN !!! :surprise::surprise:

It listed as tri-climate for US top trims...but the passengers have to relied on the drivers ???...not Canadian trims !!!
~~~~~
Not only that but you have rear seat warmers. I thought initially that it would be more expensive with all the upgrades. But I compared a CAN BE vs US BE. And the CAN BE is cheaper. What am an I missing? What is the sales tax on a vehicle in Canada? I might hold off the my purchase in the hopes that some of the CAN features trickle down to the 2020 Ridgeline.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
186 Posts

~~~~~

Rear seat butt warmers? Better not tell my kids that Daddy got shafted buying the feature-limited US model.

I remain happy with my purchase but If I ever decide to upgrade to a newer version I'm making a trip to Canada.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Not only that but you have rear seat warmers. I thought initially that it would be more expensive with all the upgrades. But I compared a CAN BE vs US BE. And the CAN BE is cheaper. What am an I missing? What is the sales tax on a vehicle in Canada? I might hold off the my purchase in the hopes that some of the CAN features trickle down to the 2020 Ridgeline.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
13% in Ontario...different by Provinces. :nerd:

https://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/4-shoppin-test-drivin/133769-what-did-you-pay-100.html#post2994670

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Looks like the 20' version is going to offer us low lifes in the USA some more things based on the Pilot release at least.

Steve

Rear seat butt warmers? Better not tell my kids that Daddy got shafted buying the feature-limited US model.

I remain happy with my purchase but If I ever decide to upgrade to a newer version I'm making a trip to Canada.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Did the G1 have multiple audio options? I'm curious about the difference between the 225 watt system and the 540 watt 8 speaker system. Obviously it would seem that the 540w system would be superior. However I regretted the "amplified" system in my 2014 Cherokee. The standard system sounds just as good or even better.
I remember someone saying that the 225 watt system/speakers is the same system as the elite but the bed needs the extra watts.
I compared the T with the E. Really no comparison. The E has. Way better sound. The T sounds kind of thin.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I know this may seem goofy to some but I'm cool with that.

I'd really like to know if one could add Lane Watch to a RTL-E. Obviously you can order the mirror with the camera and you could order the switch for the turn signal but I wonder if the Technologies would actually jive. I realize that the blind spot monitoring system and other jazz is supposed to replace Lane watch but I want Lane watch for completely different purpose.
I agree with you here. Let me decide how I want to use the camera.

·
Registered
122 Posts
These are all part of Honda Sensing and are not available as a separate option. They only comes on the top 2 trim levels, the RTL-E and the Black Edition.
OK, thanks.
Safety should be standard or at the very least an option available on all trims. Unfortunately, Honda only provides it on the 2 most expensive models. Apparently safety is not honda's #1 concern.
Just so u know. They will be the first car company to offer it on all their vehicles in a few yrs. I think they thoroughly thought it through. I paid up to get the safety features as I'm sure many other people did. They have to make money on R&D before giving it for free.

121 - 139 of 139 Posts