Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Proud owner on 2014 Special Edition. Previously had 2007 RTL, which never had problem. Currently have the sides of the bed turning rough and white. Dealer said it is normal fading. REALLY!!! Anyone else have this problem and a solution.

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,804 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
It didn't happen to your 2007? I thought it happened to all cargo beds eventually. Unless you mean rough like the surface of a gravel parking lot. Then no, that's not normal!

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
"Happens to all RLs"??? That's probably effected by lots of things, not the least of which is exposure. I'm guessing that those of us with Tonneaus in place & covered most of the time probably won't have as much "aging" as those parked outside w/o cover & exposed to UV 365/year.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
My 2007 looks like I've used it, but not abused it. I've hauled firewood, dirt, furniture, etc. It's all scraped up. If you want to keep your RL pristine, there are products out there that you can use from time to time. Otherwise like others have said, put a cover over it.

·
Premium Member
7,780 Posts
Proud owner on 2014 Special Edition. Previously had 2007 RTL, which never had problem. Currently have the sides of the bed turning rough and white. Dealer said it is normal fading. REALLY!!! Anyone else have this problem and a solution.
White? Can you post a good color pic of this?

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
10 years plus and 3 RLs, never any any discoloring only a few scuffs every now and then. Always wash the bed and give it a wipe down with Armorall. Bed always looks new.

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,048 Posts
I use my bed quite frequently and have a soft tonneau cover on it. It doesn't make much sense for me to wash it and treat it with any sort of product - it just gets scraped up and dirty the next time I use it. I take the cover off and sweep or spray it out every now and then. It's scratched, scraped and well-worn as a truck bed should be. If you want a longer-lasting solution, that WipeNew product has very good reviews and results. You need to be careful when applying it by wearing gloves, but it's supposed to be really good. I've never used it myself, but any "back to black" product wears off within a week or two. Being that your truck is a 2014, your bed shouldn't be discoloring at all yet. I'm not sure if Honda changed the formulation of the composite material in later years, but I've seen several 2007-8-9 beds that are fairly pristine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts