Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard on another forum that someone contacted Comptech and that Comptech said:

"We will be making a Supercharger Kit for the 06 Ridgeline, which we hope to
have available later this year. Please keep checking our website for
updates and details. Thanks for considering Comptech."

Hell Yeah!!! :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes there is plenty of room under the hood. things to consider are:

Is there enough air from the stock manifold, Does the current exsaust restrict flow to counter act the effects of the SC, And how does the very low geared RL handle boost =)

guess it was a matter of time, be interesting to see how this all plays out over the next few months... Now if only Hondata could take less then 2 years like they did on the TSX (giving them credit very hard engine to work on).

·
Registered
338 Posts
jauten1 said:
I have heard on another forum that someone contacted Comptech and that Comptech said:

"We will be making a Supercharger Kit for the 06 Ridgeline, which we hope to
have available later this year. Please keep checking our website for
updates and details. Thanks for considering Comptech."

Hell Yeah!!! :D
That was me who said that. ;) :cool:

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
So coolcat, when is it going to be available?

·
Registered
338 Posts
zero said:
So coolcat, when is it going to be available?
I wish I knew. CompTech only said, "later this year." I'm going to be contacting them occassionally. If I find out a release date I'll post it.

·
2,346 Posts
Cool. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
coolcat said:
I'm going to be contacting them occassionally. If I find out a release date I'll post it.
Thanks coolcat. Keep us all posted. This will be a nice "extra" we can add to our Ridgeline. :cool:

·
Registered
578 Posts
I've emailed them before as well.
They indicated that they are looking into a full set of products for the Ridgeline. I'd encourage folks to email them if you are interested.

I'd like to see a header, exhaust, and a larger rear sway bar. :)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Well, for quite some time, the TL supercharger has been listed as "under development". So, now that the TL supercharger is available, I would imagine they would devote all of their time to getting the Si supercharger and parts ready for release, so I would expect to see more after then. Seeing the Ridgeline listed on the under development page is very promising though. When I had my 03 Accord, Comptech said over and over that they would be developing a supercharger for it, but it never showed up on the under development page, so look at this as a good sign.

·
2,346 Posts
I am definitely looking forward to reading more info on this product once it becomes available.

·
Premium Member
6,880 Posts
I thought I’ve heard or read somewhere that a more frequent oil change schedule may be required for exhaust driven turbo-charged and belt driven super-chargers because they place additional stresses on the lower-end. Any truth to this?:p

Ron

·
Registered
578 Posts
DoctorJ said:
I hope its a lot more than 40-50hp like a lot of their SCs. 50 hp for 5k that gets steep.
We really need to look at the entire power curve. A lot of times, it might make an additional 50hp at peak HP, but it might actually make more at other parts of the power band.

Plus, comptech is typically fairly conservative to keep the stuff more reliable.

·
Registered
118 Posts
In reference to a header, I wouldn't hold my breath. Honda switched to an integrated collector (if it can be called that) on their J-series V6's that's cast right into the head. From there the exhaust dumps right into a pre-cat so there's really no way to add a header without ditching the two pre-cats. It's a shame too... the Comptech header I had on my '00 TL and '02 TL-S (especially) made a LOT more power.

·
Registered
1 Posts
From my experience, with several of these engines in sand rails, the "integrated collector" provides a performance increase and weight savings over the older, individual, port design.

The design also makes building the custom header a very simple task.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I've always understood that individual ports are better since you can tune the length and diameter of the tubing and the collector design, but I'm glad to hear that you can extract good power from the integrated setup as well. I'd love to see some pics of those sand rails!

1 - 20 of 107 Posts