Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to get a Himbox bluetooth adapter to (hopefully) buy me a little more time before having to spend the money on a new head unit in my Ridgeline. It basically needs to connect to a 12V outlet and also to the aux in port. Has anyone else installed one of these? If so, any tips on how to conceal the cables as best I can?

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,809 Posts
I am about to get a Himbox bluetooth adapter to (hopefully) buy me a little more time before having to spend the money on a new head unit in my Ridgeline. It basically needs to connect to a 12V outlet and also to the aux in port. Has anyone else installed one of these? If so, any tips on how to conceal the cables as best I can?
Checkout the USA SPEC BT45. Here's how I installed mine...

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104897

·
Administrator
17,321 Posts
I bought this as a stop-gap solution. I purchased an additional AUX jack, disconnected the original and connected the additional behind the dash then wire-tied everything in place. The power plug and a short run of the small power cable is still visible. It works, but I hate it because my OCD knows it isn't factory. Sound quality is better than FM and XM, but worse than CD. The biggest culprit is hiss in between songs or during quiet passages, but that's just a limitation of the AUX input system here - not the BT adapter or source.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies and info!

Zroger, do you remember where you got the aux jack? I have been able to nicely conceal the other wires but that's the last one that I'd like to tuck behind.

·
Administrator
17,321 Posts
Thanks for the replies and info!

Zroger, do you remember where you got the aux jack? I have been able to nicely conceal the other wires but that's the last one that I'd like to tuck behind.
From my local Honda dealer. I think it was about $25-30.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hey, I have that himbox bluetooth unit in my accord...its been great for over a year...quality is great with streaming and calls.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts