Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,175 Posts
A few things pop into my mind. All sorts of weird things happen to the RL when the battery isn't giving the proper voltage. If you have resetting trip meters and all sorts of these electrical issues, I'd say you either have a loose connection on the battery itself (as stated by Qxtreem) or you have a bad cell within the battery itself. Even brand new batteries can be bad. Plus, you never know how long it sat in a production lot, on a transport truck or on the dealer lot. Being that it's winter and has been very cold, it's possible that the battery in the truck died while on the lot and it was recharged before you bought it. Once a typical non-AGM car battery completely looses charge and is recharged, it is never the same again and will fail much sooner than normal. Bottom line, take it back to the dealer and have it looked at under your warranty. Have them do a load test on the entire charging system to rule out things such as the starter and alternator. Also have them check every power and ground lead for the charging system to make sure everything is tight and secure. If the load test of the battery shows anything less than 90% or so of its rated CCA number, replace it. The stock battery that comes in the RL is pretty weak, so I would recommend you trying to get the best battery you can if the dealership offers anything better than the stock one.

· Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,175 Posts
Yes this is a warranted item, but still very aggravating. That is why many folks purchase as new buggy, to avoid the hassles such as this.

When my battery quit (at 23-24 months) I was actually at a Walmart store. It would have been easier to pay them $100 for a new battery, but I chose to push the issue, get a jump-start, then drive/wait for my Honda dealer to take care of it.

Which he did. Still more aggravating than the $100 price of a new battery.

Cheap Charlie.
Even new vehicles can have issues, but I totally get where you're coming from. Being that I've driven each of the four vehicles I've had in my life to well past 100k miles, when you get up into the higher mileage you're just waiting for something to break or wear out. Buying a new or slightly used vehicle with low miles should be a great feeling that doesn't include having issues. However, it happens. Luckily, that's what warranties are for even as aggravating as it may be.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.