Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I went to take a look at my new truck today. It is still at the dealership waiting to be picked up. When looking at the truck I noticed some condensate accumulation inside of the passenger side headlight... Did anybody have the same problem? If yes, what was the solution? Also, I am trying to negotiate side steps to be thrown into the deal and today the salesman told me that the side steps have been discontinued by Honda and the service department had to return every one of them because they were defective. This is in Canada. Did anybody hear something like that? How are those side steps working for everybody? I am planning to buy those on the net and install them myself and negotiate for something else.
Thanks for replies.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
I don't know about the headlight problem, but the side steps were pulled from the market. You could negotiate for the running boards unless you prefer a different style.

There's another thread here about the side steps...do a search and you should be able to find it.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Never had condensation inside the headlight. That means your headlight is somehow allowing moisture into the assembly. I would insist you have them replace the assembly, as this will continue to give you problems.

The Running Boards are a much better choice IMO.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Right rear has condensation, but I haven't done anything about it yet. So far my list is small

1. rear light moisture
2. Water leak near gas pedal

Otherwise Ridgeline life is geat!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had condensation in the passenger side headlight, too, a few days after I got it. I called the service department and the kid on the phone asked why that was a problem.

When I got there, though, even though it had dried up already, they were happy to take it in and replace it with no hassle. It took two days since they didn't stock the part, so you might not want to drop the truck off until they say they have the part.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Obviously, anybody with moisture inside of their lights should get this addressed quickly. Moisture and the electrical system don't like one another.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcome!
Picked up my Ridgeline today. The condensate was not there. If it reappears though, I will take it to the dealer for sure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Re: Condensate in the lights

My only noticed light leaks are in the cargo bed lenses; I'll have to take them off and dry them out, then use a little vaseline or something on the seal, I suspect...

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
mitek said:
Thanks for the welcome!
Picked up my Ridgeline today. The condensate was not there. If it reappears though, I will take it to the dealer for sure.
i'm sure if it was there before it will be back again. Just wait for those warm days.....then a cool night and then check it in the morning.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts