Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all - I'm considering purchasing a 2019 AWD Sport. There is one dealer locally who has 6 and another within a few hours who has 10. The deals are getting pretty good. I'm just looking for something mundane and I can use for house projects. I have a new baby so I want it to be quiet and comfortable, and the RL fits the bill. I already have a couple of fun vehicles. I'm well aware of the trim levels and what they have to offer, but I do have some questions for those who have spent time between the lower and upper trims:
  1. I know the upper trims have an acoustic windshield and additional sound deadening. Is there really a noticeable real-world difference in NVH?
  2. Leather wrapped steering wheel. I've never driven a vehicle without one. Is the non leather steering wheel uncomfortable?
  3. Ratcheting arm rests. For some silly reason the lower trims don't get ratcheting arm rests. Is this a deal breaker? It's not so easy to change.
  4. Cloth seats. I actually prefer cloth, but the pictures make them look cheap. How is the comfort/durability?
Getting to a dealership for a proper test drive is difficult right now, and honestly I don't find that I'm good at deciding in the short test drives offered. I've test driven an E, but no other trims.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
215 Posts
The windshield is not a big deal. I drove a base model and it was pretty quiet.
The steering wheel you can have the dealer put a heated steering wheel in and that wheel will be leather.
You can have them put leather seat covers in
You can try to get the dealer to address the leather seats and the steering wheel in the deal.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
We initially were looking for a Sport, but at the time they were very rare. The only reason we went with the RTL was because our local dealer offered it to us at a lower price that the other distant dealers were asking for their Sports. If the Sports that you are looking at are being offered at a decent price, we would not think twice!
Bill

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The windshield is not a big deal. I drove a base model and it was pretty quiet.
The steering wheel you can have the dealer put a heated steering wheel in and that wheel will be leather.
You can have them put leather seat covers in
You can try to get the dealer to address the leather seats and the steering wheel in the deal.
Noted on the steering wheel.

I'm not interested in leather seats. I just care if they're quality cloth seats.

·
Premium Member
3,879 Posts
Noted on the steering wheel.

I'm not interested in leather seats. I just care if they're quality cloth seats.
The cloth seats in my 2002 Accord were outstanding. That being said, Honda has cheapened out on a lot of things over the last decade, so the cloth may not be what it once was.

On the other hand, it is relatively cheap leather on the leather seats, so you won't be missing anything by not going to leather. I got the RTL mostly because it was a good deal and the wife wanted heated seats. Had cloth been available with heat, I would have jumped on that over leather.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We didn’t want leather either. I may add heated seats on my own. A member posted his process for adding them to the sport, just have to find it again when I’m ready to tear my RL apart.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just bought a 2019 sport awd last week. I would make a deal. They should be wanting to move them.
So far the lowest I can get is $28k not including TTL. I’m holding out longer since these are not moving. I don’t qualify for any of the rebates. It’s still a great deal, but in 7 months these will be two model years old. Time is on my side and I’m a patient person when it comes to spending money :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
I purchased 2019 Sport back on November 30th and I have loved every minute with it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I purchased a 2019 Sport in April. I test drove a 2020 RTL-E and my 2019 Sport back to back before I committed to the deal. While the RTL-E was certainly very nice, there was not a significant difference in NVH between the RTL-E and the Sport. The 6speed AT in the Sport is more responsive than the 2020’s 9 speed but I also own a 2019 Pilot EX-L so maybe that’s being more familiar with the 6 speed power train. I bought a Wheelskins leather steeling wheel cover for $50. Took a couple of hours to sew it on and it looks and feels great. The cloth seats are fine but are not powered. The arm rest position is fine. I wasn’t impressed with the RTL-E‘s sound system audio quality but the Sport‘s Color Audio sound system lacks customization options found in the RTL-E’s Display Audio system. On the other hand, upgrading with an after market audio system is much less complicated In the Sport 😀. In the end, the deal on the 2019 Sport was just too good to refuse. No regrets, it’s a very nice vehicle, especially for less than $30K OTD and 0.9% financing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I purchased a 2019 Sport in April. I test drove a 2020 RTL-E and my 2019 Sport back to back before I committed to the deal. While the RTL-E was certainly very nice, there was not a significant difference in NVH between the RTL-E and the Sport. The 6speed AT in the Sport is more responsive than the 2020’s 9 speed but I also own a 2019 Pilot EX-L so maybe that’s being more familiar with the 6 speed power train. I bought a Wheelskins leather steeling wheel cover for $50. Took a couple of hours to sew it on and it looks and feels great. The cloth seats are fine but are not powered. The arm rest position is fine. I wasn’t impressed with the RTL-E‘s sound system audio quality but the Sport‘s Color Audio sound system lacks customization options found in the RTL-E’s Display Audio system. On the other hand, upgrading with an after market audio system is much less complicated In the Sport 😀. In the end, the deal on the 2019 Sport was just too good to refuse. No regrets, it’s a very nice vehicle, especially for less than $30K OTD and 0.9% financing.
Thank you! That’s the feedback I was looking for!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts