Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
2017 RTL, Steel grey, Dash cams, rear step bumper and decals
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased my 2017 RTL from CarMax a couple of weeks ago, they did not do the “125 point inspection “ as advertised as the cabin filter was full, my mechanic found the lower control arms need to be replaced plus other items. After a nasty review on google and my survey I am going back in to have them address the issues. CarMax has been good to us before and we had the truck shipped in from another location so I expect it will all work out fine.
Now for my question, I noticed my center console does not have tray, the sliders are there…is the tray a standard item?
Thanks

· Registered
2023 Sonic Gray Pearl BE
204 Posts
I owned a 2017 RTL-E and it had it. I went for over a year and didn’t know I had one. Make sure it’s not slid all the way back.

· Registered
3,378 Posts
Purchased my 2017 RTL from CarMax a couple of weeks ago, they did not do the “125 point inspection “ as advertised as the cabin filter was full, my mechanic found the lower control arms need to be replaced plus other items. After a nasty review on google and my survey I am going back in to have them address the issues. CarMax has been good to us before and we had the truck shipped in from another location so I expect it will all work out fine.
Now for my question, I noticed my center console does not have tray, the sliders are there…is the tray a standard item?
Thanks
I would hope that you did the decent thing by allowing CarMax the opportunity to make things right before you wrote your nasty review and survey? Did you?
Bill

· Registered
2017 Ridgeline RTS AWD, White Diamond Pearl
270 Posts
I would hope that you did the decent thing by allowing CarMax the opportunity to make things right before you wrote your nasty review and survey? Did you?
Bill
The decent thing was for CarMax to make things right with the truck before they sold it. They definitely already had their chance. Now the customer is inconvenienced, has to make return trips, probably make multiple phone calls, etc. In my opinion, at this point the negative review is already justified. The negative review can warn other potential buyers that they may receive a vehicle from CarMax that was not adequately prepared or serviced.

· Registered
2020 Black Edition
72 Posts
CarMax is good about post sale issues. I had something fixed on our RL (it was damage during shipping they agreed to fix post sale) and it was pretty seamless. Even got me a loaner for the day through a rental agency.

· Registered
129 Posts
The decent thing was for CarMax to make things right with the truck before they sold it. They definitely already had their chance. Now the customer is inconvenienced, has to make return trips, probably make multiple phone calls, etc. In my opinion, at this point the negative review is already justified. The negative review can warn other potential buyers that they may receive a vehicle from CarMax that was not adequately prepared or serviced.
I agree but I think the review should be left after the issues are resolved (or at least updated) and note whether Carmax made good on things or not.

As for the tray, I'd probably just pick one up on ebay for $20 and not sweat the small stuff. It's unlikely they will have one to give you. Maybe they can give you a voucher for an oil change or car wash.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A 5 year old car that needs control arms replaced ?
How many miles on it when purchased ?
Were there suspension mods done poorly or what ?
59,000 miles. Look at the Cabin Air Filter as a real clue nobody looked at this truck before putting it out for sale
Grille Hood Automotive exterior Automotive design Automotive tire
Grille Hood Automotive exterior Automotive design Automotive tire

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I did and they told me it was my problem not theirs. Once I did the survey a real manager got involved. I go in on Tuesday to let them see the inspection I paid for and I expect they will come through. I do plan to post the full story once the ending is known

· Registered
6 Posts
I won't deal with Carmax. I went online, and was quoted a range of 61-65k, but they had to see the truck. Drove 30 miles to their store.1 year old 3/4 ton ram diesel with 4k miles. After waiting 35 minutes, they offered me 58K. What a joke.

· Registered
585 Posts
I sold a 2002 Thunderbird to CarMax last June and got darn near retail for it in two hours, but my online description of the car was accurate and matched the appraiser's assessment. Also have bought 3 cars from them with zero issues.

· Registered
129 Posts
I won't deal with Carmax. I went online, and was quoted a range of 61-65k, but they had to see the truck. Drove 30 miles to their store.1 year old 3/4 ton ram diesel with 4k miles. After waiting 35 minutes, they offered me 58K. What a joke.
Online quotes are subject to inspection. Not everyone describes the vehicle accurately or has the same interpretation of "good" or "great". If Carmax paid out estimates without inspection, they might be in the same boat with Carvana.

· Registered
51 Posts
I suspect they are real nervous about offers these days unlike the madness of a year ago. The market is feeling those interest rate hikes and the pressure is down on prices, not up. They all feel a little uneasy about being the ones getting stuck, not the other way around as usual.

· Registered
6 Posts
Online quotes are subject to inspection. Not everyone describes the vehicle accurately or has the same interpretation of "good" or "great". If Carmax paid out estimates without inspection, they might be in the same boat with Carvana.
The appraiser admitted the truck was like brand new, without a scratch on it. I had also cleaned it thoroughly inside and out to make sure I got top dollar. Ended up at a dealer on the way home and got $62K. She admitted that they don't do well with trucks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts