1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
"road noise pronounced"?????must have taken off all floor coverings:eek:

·
Registered
626 Posts
Yeah, what's up with that assessment -- "road noise pronounced"??!?? Were they *high*??? Consumer Reports can be so random sometimes. Plus, what the heck were they doing that gave them 10 mpg city mileage, thus the ranking of "poor" for fuel economy? The only truck in its class that beats the RL (in EPA highway mpg only) is the Toyota Tundra, I believe (V6, not V8).

I'll bet it was some Ford/Chevy/GM/Toyota owner working at CR that got to do the assessment. ;)

I shouldn't be surprised, though -- CR really dinged the Insight too, and I love that car. They seem to favor Toyota most of all.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
road noise pronounced
I've always pronounced it "rode noys", usually followed by "is almost nonexistent in my RL." No wonder I never read Consumers Reports.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Consumer Reports always seems to say that Hondas have pronounced road noise. I think that is really the only major thing they can come up with. I also think that they are able to say that because I believe Honda uses tire with slightly harder rubber in order to squeeze out a little better miles per gallon. I am on my second Honda and I would love to hear what they consider a quiet car if the Accord and Ridgeline have pronounced road noise.

I seem to remember reading a thread earlier stating that the Ridgline was quieter than the Audi A6, BMW 5 or 7 series, and one of the Mercedes sedans. Hmmmmmmmmmm?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Just another thought...the window glass (sides) on the Honda is thinner than, say, a Chevrolet truck. So, that might be where they are getting it.

You all kow what I think about CR....

George

·
Registered
269 Posts
Don't get the road noise deal either - I've always considered the RL almost "spooky" quiet.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I hit a stretch of new pavement the other day and I swear it was if the RL was turned off, sitting in my driveway...mj

·
Registered
616 Posts
The state that the RL has pronounced road noise, then give it a "Very good" rating for noise???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts