Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could CR have designed Honda's new instrument panel? It is now so logical. At least compared with the 2011 and 2013 Accord V6's EXL models. Or did I read again where they CR are complaining? Anyway both the outdoor temperature and total trip mileage are always displayed. Hurrah. Navigational turns are presented there too. Anyway I think Honda did a good job with that panel. What do you think? I've only owned Honda's so I don't have anything else to compare with. Did Honda do ok this go?

·
Registered
970 Posts
Anyway both the outdoor temperature and total trip mileage are always displayed. Hurrah. Navigational turns are presented there too. Anyway I think Honda did a good job with that panel. What do you think? I've only owned Honda's so I don't have anything else to compare with. Did Honda do ok this go?
I agree, much better than my wife's 2014 Odyssey in that regard. I love the way you can track what the LKAS and AAC are seeing and still get nav and temp. The only thing way better is the Virtual Cockpit on some Audis - am considering a Q7 at some point, maybe to replace the Odyssey.

https://youtu.be/j321T08oZNc

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Other than the digital speedo, I like it. I prefer old school analog gauges. Overall, the instrument panel design is 100x better than the Lexus RX I traded for my RL.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree, much better than my wife's 2014 Odyssey in that regard. I love the way you can track what the LKAS and AAC are seeing and still get nav and temp. The only thing way better is the Virtual Cockpit on some Audis - am considering a Q7 at some point, maybe to replace the Odyssey.

https://youtu.be/j321T08oZNc
The new Audi's have awesome tech.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Other than the digital speedo, I like it. I prefer old school analog gauges. Overall, the instrument panel design is 100x better than the Lexus RX I traded for my RL.
I didn't think much of the Digital Speedo myself but now I'm beginning to like it. Guess it is just some to get used to.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I have 'needle' in my '06 RL, and digital in the S2K.... no issues or preference for either myself.

I guess if I had to choose, I'd probably pick the needle, probably for tradition's sake as much as anything else. Kinda like dial watches. :)

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E, Northeast U.S.
2,896 Posts
I have 'needle' in my '06 RL, and digital in the S2K.... no issues or preference for either myself.

I guess if I had to choose, I'd probably pick the needle, probably for tradition's sake as much as anything else. Kinda like dial watches. :)
Agreed. I don't have religion about analog versus digital when it comes to gauging my speed. Either one works for me; neither one is superior to the other. I guess I'd probably choose digital for the sole reason that the number is always in the same place in my driver's scan of key performance indicators, like front rear speedometer other vehicles, pedestrians etc.

·
Administrator
16,062 Posts
I've been infatuated with digital speedometers since the first ones I saw in Lincolns and Cadillacs in the '70s. Personally, I prefer a digital speedometer for its precise display of speed without parallax being an issue. I was very disappointed with the market's rejection of them and the manufacturer's reverting back to analog displays in the '90s. I find it ironic that some newer vehicles now have fully digital instrument clusters that emulate analog gauges (i.e., the new Civic, some Buicks and Cadillacs, exotics, etc.).

A couple things I don't like about the 4.2" color MID in the '17 Ridgeline:

1. The odometer is always displayed. I like the ability to hide it as the vehicle ages so I'm not reminded of the mileage.
2. I think a clock between the odometer and temperature would be nice.
3. I miss the "average speed" and "elapsed time" readings that I had on the '16 CR-V, and '14/'10 Ridgelines (and other vehicles).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts