Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Consumer Reports had come out recommending the RL before the federal roll-over ratings had come out... a lot of confidence in this truck, and I can see why! :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
The first sentence in the Consumer Reports' road test article says it all:
"The Ridgeline, Honda's first pickup, is the best one we've tested."
Their report sold me mine.

L

·
0 Posts
I pulled this off the article.

"The best negotiators do their homework before visiting a dealership to buy a car. They have quotes from other dealers in hand - and they know what others are paying for the car they want."

That's why we are here at the ROC!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
ladyridge said:
I pulled this off the article.

"The best negotiators do their homework before visiting a dealership to buy a car. They have quotes from other dealers in hand - and they know what others are paying for the car they want."

That's why we are here at the ROC!!
I have always done this with one exception....The Ridgeline. Bought mine on February 28th at list price. The truck is so good I still don't regret my decision.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
This is an interesting article but I think these results have been on CR website for a while. I think the history of Honda was definitely a plus while looking but after driving the Ridgeline I may have bought it even if it was a GM or Ford.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Just a general warning about "Consumer Reports:" They lie. I am in the dry cleaning industry, and several years ago (while I was still in school), they wrote an article about my industry and how bad it is for your health. They were proven wrong and were sent several analysis showing that what we do has no affect on a person's health. The article was just plain wrong, and the person who wrote it knew that!

We, as an industry AND consumers, never got an apology or "good press" for what they did. To this day, whatever CR says is full of lies and deceit.

I am sorry to be this way, but some people need to get a clue.

Just like the car business...I am sure there are bad ones out there, too, but not ALL of them are bad...same with everything else. Similar to publishing an article before all the facts have been revealed.

Cheers,
George

1 - 7 of 7 Posts