Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Yea, I saw that too.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but CR still mentions the RL from time to time when evaluating new trucks. I think CR likes the RL as much as ROC members ;).

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
Yea, I saw that too.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but CR still mentions the RL from time to time when evaluating new trucks. I think CR likes the RL as much as ROC members ;).
They do, and Honda in general. While not as revolutionary or up to date as some, Honda still delivers an honest design to meet most peoples expectations and needs as well as above average reliability.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Before getting the Ridgeline in early 2007 never really thought about Ridgeline having a forum. I did my research with article in Motor Trend but purchased CR New Car Buying Guide. The info it provided was pretty good said it drove like tall Accord. Also talked about turning radius think it said it was like school bus.

·
Super Moderator
5,520 Posts
Before getting the Ridgeline in early 2007 never really thought about Ridgeline having a forum. I did my research with article in Motor Trend but purchased CR New Car Buying Guide. The info it provided was pretty good said it drove like tall Accord. Also talked about turning radius think it said it was like school bus.

They also said the struts failed on a washboard road.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
They also said the struts failed on a washboard road.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Maybe a 'small' school bus. But the wide track also makes it very stable on the road. Check the narrow track when behind some smaller trucks, like the old Sport-Trac where early models had a tendency to roll. I'll take the wider track, thank you.

Does not seem like the struts are worse than any other vehicle. But I will keep that in mind the next time I decide to run on railroad ties.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Joe says turning radius should be better on the next gen. Wasn't there a fix for struts/suspension on early RLs...like Honda redesigning the failing part to beef it up?

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
Dunno...sometimes it is hard to tell what little details were changed vs. things that have not gone bad yet on newer models.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
It will be 9yrs ownership in Feb the Ridgeline still drives and rides very well.
We have not had as of yet to replace any struts with close to 150,000 miles.
However the truck is driven mostly on decent maintained county roads or interstate highways. To compare since new my 2000 Acura TL with just 98,000 miles driven on the same roads for the first 9yrs plus the harsher city streets of DC.
I still have original struts on that car but have had other suspension parts replaced like ball joints & motor mounts ect.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,589 Posts
My 2006 (purchased in May of 05) is at 110000K miles and still on original struts. That's with 10 years of construction duty and driving on the third world quality roads around Washington DC.
FYI, most school buses have very impressive turning radius's for their size, being just about able to pivot on their rear wheels. I used to drive them when I was in college. . .
Best turning radius of any car that I have driven was in my Volvo 240. The 240 is a rear wheel drive car so front wheels didn't have any axles connected and you could nearly turn them sideways.
I agree that the GenI Ridge's turning radius is pretty poor but it still easier to maneuver in the city than a full size.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
i am sure he was referring to old buses. We live right by a major school district HQ and those buses handle just fine, and don't lose much speed either when cornering. Some of the best drivers on the road too. Better be!

Speaking of school buses turning corners I was reminded of the scene of a bevy of buses going by the bank in "Dark Knight".

·
Registered
971 Posts
i am sure he was referring to old buses. We live right by a major school district HQ and those buses handle just fine, and don't lose much speed either when cornering. Some of the best drivers on the road too. Better be!

Speaking of school buses turning corners I was reminded of the scene of a bevy of buses going by the bank in "Dark Knight".
Depending on the era of the school bus most are fitted with the ISB6.7 Cummins motor. A real workhorse.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts